Thread: '51 rear fender spears

Speedster Member

'51 rear fender spears

I know there are a lot of different opinions on fender spears, whether they're gaudy and over the top or whether they add to the aircraft look of a bulletnose. I'm honestly not sure which way I lean on them, but I've been told the spears also exist for rear fenders and I've never seen those. Does anyone have them on a '51 who could post a couple of pictures of them? I'd just like to see what they look like. Are they the same as the front fender spears or a completely different shape? Thanks.

Totally different shape. I have a picture handy, I will look for it. Not a real good pix but one off the internet.

Mark

Speedster Member
    Hey Bullet, hope you can find the pictures of the rear fender spears. I've been looking for a photo of one on any '49 to '52 model and haven't had any luck. You said the rear spears were totally different than the fronts on the '51. Do you recall if they were about the same length as the fronts or were they longer? And do you (or anyone) know if they were different each year like the front spears. Or because they appear to have been a very low selling item, did they offer the same one for several years. Just curious, but getting more curious.

Golden Hawk Member
    Rear spears were only available on the ‘52 models. But they could just as easily be installed on a ‘51.

I can’t find the picture. I am 99% sure the picture I saw was here on the forum. Ithey were on a 1952 as Matt says, but now I can’t find the picture or the link to the posting. I just did another forum search and found the thread. It is for a 1952 Champion hardtop for sale on eBay.

Mark
    Last edited by Bullet; 11-19-2018 at 09:54 PM.