Thread: Window/Vent glass removal-install

Champion Member
    Blog Entries

Window/Vent glass removal-install

Any how-to guides for taking window glass out of the door and installing on a C-Cab pickup?
    Stude-Danny

1955 E13 Lift Bed

I wonder if that's covered in the shop manual. I need to do the same thing on my 1946 M-5 some day.

Silver Hawk Member
    Very well covered by the truck shop manual. Run the window down. Remove the vent window assy (3 screws on top, 2 on bottom). Pry loose and remove the window fuzzies. Remove the two nuts/washers from the guide studs. Push the regulator arm out of the slot in the window lift channel. (Regulator can stay attached to the door.) Pull the lift channel off the guide studs. Tilt the glass 45 degrees clockwise and pull out of the door from the outside.

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    Very well covered by the truck shop manual. Run the window down. Remove the vent window assy (3 screws on top, 2 on bottom). Pry loose and remove the window fuzzies. Remove the two nuts/washers from the guide studs. Push the regulator arm out of the slot in the window lift channel. (Regulator can stay attached to the door.) Pull the lift channel off the guide studs. Tilt the glass 45 degrees clockwise and pull out of the door from the outside.
    Just did it on a '49. The way that Skip posted.

Silver Hawk Member
    An additional thought: the illustration in the shop manual appears to show the glass being lifted out from the inside of the door. I was never able to do it that way -- it's much easier from the outside of the door.