1953 Wagon progress #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Wagon progress #1

I have had several responses regarding my '53 wagon, wanting a progress report so here is #1. First of all I have been working on this project for about 4 1/2 years now. It has been almost completely assembled (brake lines, gas lines, exhaust system, etc.) and about 5 months ago I started taking it apart to detail and paint various parts. I finished almost all painting except the two rear fenders which I will get to next week. Here are several pics of the hood and doors with pics of the body to come soon as I finish cut and buffing it. Sorry, my wife photo-bombed that last picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001-004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1759727Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010002-003.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1759728Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010003-003.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1759730

Good work, looks GREAT! Unfortunately, it is WAY Too Shinny for Photographs with background Lighting and Reflections on it. They all are identifiable, except almost the 1st. one of the Hood?

OK, NOW I remember, this is the 1953, '54 Conestoga "almost a Prototype".
    These Phillips or Torx Screws gave it away!

Last edited by StudeRich; 11-09-2018, 05:20 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

IMPRESSIVE IMPRESSIVE workmanship ! are these n.o.s Fender assemblies ?, looking forward to more pics.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I think your wife more like photo-bummed the pic!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

That Gloss Black is beautiful! So, Cruzzar, is your plan to paint the car one solid color, replicate a factory two tone, with a second one, or do something completely custom with some sort of graphics?

Mark
          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

The car will not be a two tone, just a solid black (can you say dust magnet) no graphics. Here is a pic of the body. It is on my rotisserie on which it was painted. I am in the process of moving it to storage. The path to storage is covered with crushed rock and the wheels just dig into it and therefor I have to put it on my car trailer to move it around. Should be painting the two rear fenders today and when done with them will start to disassemble the frame/engine/rear end/suspension and etc. for final paint and then------- final assembly (at last).Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010004-004.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1724356Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010003-006.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1724357

Comment

Wow, it sure looks spectacular! What engine, are you planning to use? You'll also be installing AC won't you?

Mark
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

I'm in awh of your workmanship.

Comment

I am using a '63 hawk frame that I have managed to stuff a coyote with a 4R70W trans into it. Yes it will have AC. I will see if I can get a pic of it before I start to disassemble it for paint.

Comment

Working...
                  X