Reedsvlle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reedsvlle?

I wasn't able to make it to Reedsville this year. How was it? Any pictures?
    Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

I hope you can at least get to Charlottesville!!!

Comment

I only got there Saturday and, while attendance was sparse, was told Friday was better but half the vendors left Friday night.
      Again, Reedsville was the swap meet where the clean sheet metal seems to come out of the woodwork, with at least a ton available, as well as Class Glass and Performance of Cumberland's fiberglass C/K hoods, fenders and truck fenders; Richard Lindsey's mass display of show chrome; Karkiewicz' bus with tens of thousands of items, Jon & Mike Myer, Madd Doodler, Snyders, etc. And George Rohrbach is starting divestment of his collection of original Studebaker ephemera.
      There were notable absences but, even though the attendance was down the quality was there; with vendors indicating they did especially well on Thursday and Friday selling to each other!

The Manhattan Chapter has reserved the Youth Park Grounds again for Next October 25-26.
      Last edited by rockne10; 10-21-2018, 03:53 PM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi I was talking to Garth Corkins and he said The Manhattan Chapter bailed out on him and he had to get his own liability insurance about 2 weeks before the meet. The Garden state chapter is having a meeting this Thursday and we will be discussing the possibility of sponsoring the meet . I did ok selling stuff but I don't have much in rare stuff anymore. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
          I hope you can at least get to Charlottesville!!!
          I guess there's something I missed...is there a swap meet coming up in Charlottesville?
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            I guess there's something I missed...is there a swap meet coming up in Charlottesville?
            Don't get excited John, he probably wasn't talking about Charlottesville, N.C.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Well Jerry, the closest thing I think NC has to a city named Charlottesville, is Charlotte. That town is less than 100 miles from me. However, there are some parts of Charlotte that I would rather drive the 300 miles to Charlottesville, Va. instead!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                No meet John, just the closest city for Jim to visit.

Comment

Working...
                X