• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Wash Job.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1stWashJob.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1759628Well, she is finally put back together....and had her first "wash job" since the new paint...finally becoming proud of my "problem child" after many frustrating problems....I think Jim Spivey would be happy....don't ever ask me how much money I've spent on her 'cause I ain't going to tell you....and if I did?....the family would have me committed to a mental institution........probably with just cause....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Wow! What a beee - you - tee - ful car!

What color is that?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Sure is beautiful, looks like Vintage Burgundy or close. Would love that on my 55.

Comment

Very nice! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

A very appropriate color for that body style. Well done!

Bob

Comment

Looks very good Lou, hope I helped you out in some small way! Now ENJOY it, Bill.

Comment

Great looking Hawk, Lou! You should be very proud!
              -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
              1960 Metropolitan Convertible
              1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
              1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Lou,
                Who cares how much it cost when the end result is so stunning? It becomes immaterial and you probably don't want to know the answer nor the amount of hours of labor to get it to this level.
                Drive it and be proud.
                Bill

Comment

Great looking Hawk. Nice job!!!
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Congratulations, on getting her finished up, and on the road. Now, you need to look for a NEW project!
                    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Nope...that's it!
                      Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
                      Congratulations, on getting her finished up, and on the road. Now, you need to look for a NEW project!
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

So long as it makes you happy, damn the costs. I spent way more than is justified for my 1962 GT Hawk and yet I feel as dandy as the average financier during the 1920s.
                        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

"So long as it makes you happy, damn the costs." I agree. I am a little "Under Water" on my Hawk also, but I didn't build it to resell, for a profit. The overages will be written off as entertainment, as I enjoy driving it.
                          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                            Wow! What a beee - you - tee - ful car!

What color is that?
                            I would bet that it is Bordeaux Red, but it appears darker being that the visible side of the car is shaded from the sun.
                            Lou, find your self a nice backdrop and photograph the car with the sun behind your back. Then send it to Turning Wheels for a cover photo!
                            sigpic
                            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I can't wait to see it at the 2019 Zone Meet in Sacramento

Bob Miles
                              Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                              X