No announcement yet.

Barn find, 63 Lark Dayton, 4-speed, 4bbl, bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1963 Lark wheelcovers were this pressing/shape, but a large portion of them was painted (unless perhaps this was not initially a USA car).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's a fantastic car, nit-pickers notwithstanding. They're jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
        Lovely automobile. Is the air cleaner correct for a 4 barrel? I'm envious of such a great find. Drive it and enjoy trying to keep the grin off your face. Bill
        Very Nice looking '63 Daytona Bobby.

That does look like a correct USA version, Dry Type, United Specialties AFB 4 Brl. Air Cleaner, but the intake tube has been lengthened and should go straight to the Right, and then the Decal moved to the correct front and center.

If it IS a ONE Brl. one for a 6 Cyl. engine opened up to fit the 4 Brl. it will work as good as the Factory 4 Brl.

The '63-'64 4 Brl. Air Cleaner inlets were way undersized and the same size as the 2 Brl. ones, begging for more air like the R1 Type could give.

The Master Cylinders with the one piece Copper Cover and single, centered Screw, have been obsolete for a very long time, so not easy to find anymore and New AMC replacements like this are all that is available New.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 12-31-2018, 11:32 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So,while looking at non-stock things, I have a 63 Daytona convertible that has an all chrome gas cap instead of painted . Was that an option ? I got it from my father in law who bought it from the dealer.

Comment

Those are often aftermarkets by Stant.

Comment

Originally posted by john Mitchell View Post
              So,while looking at non-stock things, I have a 63 Daytona convertible that has an all chrome gas cap instead of painted . Was that an option ? I got it from my father in law who bought it from the dealer.
              1966 Cruisers and (and I believe Daytonas) had an all-chrome cap as standard, and were optional on Commanders.

Craig

Comment

Live and learn (about them foreign cars, that is)!

Comment

Wasn’t the snorkel on the 4 barrel air cleaner a larger diameter than the two barrel?

Comment

Working...
                  X