No announcement yet.

Engineblock casting numbers decypher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Engineblock casting numbers decypher?

535840-4 for a 6 cyl 170cid
    I also had a reading from the block 1E19 9 3

Do these sound right If so What do they mean? Im looking to buy a rebuilt engine.

Thanks for any help on this.
    Edsel
    I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
    sigpic
    I'll Tattoo you anytime!
    And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
    Crazy Lady Ink
    Shakopee Mn.
    952-445-3281
    27 years in the tattooing biz

The stamped engine number is correct for the 1955 model year, but I think the casting number you found is actually 533870 which was used for the 185 engines 1955-58.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
      The stamped engine number is correct for the 1955 model year, but I think the casting number you found is actually 533870 which was used for the 185 engines 1955-58.
      man this is great! just what i was looking for. ill post tomorrow when I get it what I actually get.
      sigpic
      I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
      Shakopee Mn.
      952-445-3281

Comment

Originally posted by Edsel G. Tattooer View Post
        man this is great! just what i was looking for. ill post tomorrow when I get it what I actually get.
        YES I picked up the engine with paper work from the builder. It is in fact a 1955 185cid. Looks well cared for and needs very little I think I'm going to now get a few things done over the winter my 52' champion.

Thanks for all the help!
        Edsel
        sigpic
        I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
        Shakopee Mn.
        952-445-3281

Comment

Hope this is a complete engine because some 1952 parts, like the oil pan, won't fit a '55 or newer engine.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dwain, I have a 1950 Champion that has a 6cyl engine but only has a boss on the block for a oil filler tube back on the block behind the Starter. Someone in the past welded (brazed) a filler tube onto the left side of the pan (and it leaks oil from there). I’m trying to determine what engine year and vehicle it might have originally been in. The number cast into the block below the starter is X 10 23. A number stamped onto the upper left side of the block, behind the waterpump is 10229. The numbers cast into the side of the block below the generator is 194 C 22 4 A. Any suggestions?

Comment

Edsel, I didn't know you needed a Champion engine, because I could have sold you one from a 51 Champion that was rodded.
              I bought it just as a spare and to make sure it didn't get scrapped by the seller.

Comment

Working...
              X