No announcement yet.

Electric Speedometer/Sending Unit(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Electric Speedometer/Sending Unit(s)

I've got a question about installing a SW Electric speedometer (Deluxe Speedometer: P/N 82698), which sending unit to go with it, and what type...I have absolutely NO knowledge of either. The transmission is a GM 200-4R, the rear is a 3.92 Dana 44. What is a GPS unit, how/where does it get installed, what other senders would go with this speedo, and where/how would it/they be installed? Which would be the best way to go with these senders, and what else would I need? I just don't feel like pulling the speedo gear(s) out of the transmission and going through all that. Thanks in advance, for ANY help and/or suggestions...

This is a pulse generator type. It screws in place of a cable to send a signal to the speedo. You calibrate the speedo via switches on it's back side per it's insrtructions.
    This sending unit for electronic speedometers has a .894" (7/8”) female attachment nut to attach it to the transmission or out-drive unit. This is similar to the female threaded ring on mechanical speedometer cables. Note: Most customers will need to purchase part # 665-82629, square drive tip, to attach this sender to a GM or Chrysler/Mopar transmission. For a Ford transmission, the speedometer sender adapter # 665-366ADB will be required.

This is a GPS sender. It pulls global position information from satelites to determine your speed and changes that info to pulses the speedo can read and display on the analog gauge. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Auto-...ers,66160.html

I've used the pulse generator type. They can take a bit to calibrate but work well. Haven't used the GPS unit but did pick up a GPS speedo ,it has the GPS unit built into it, to try in my Hawk.

Comment

Working...
    X