Tony Dow (Wally Cleaver) Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Dow (Wally Cleaver) Avanti

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted..., but the You Tube date is June 25th, 2017 and I don't recall it ever being mentioned. It is a video link to Tony Dow driving an Avanti. If this has appeared elsewhere (I did a search but didn't find anything) perhaps an administrator can delete it.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

The Avanti was a nice example of the marque. I like the wheels. My dad had a gold '66 Charger so when I saw the one in the video I was a bit excited, but the vinyl roof ruined the whole thing. My dad's car had the 383 engine and was fairly quick, but was heavy with vague steering. My choice today would be the Avanti.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      The Avanti was a nice example of the marque. I like the wheels. My dad had a gold '66 Charger so when I saw the one in the video I was a bit excited, but the vinyl roof ruined the whole thing. My dad's car had the 383 engine and was fairly quick, but was heavy with vague steering. My choice today would be the Avanti.
      I ordered and took delivery of the first 1966 Charger in this area. Mine was a 361. The Charger in the video is a 1967 and only has the base 318 engine. I am surprised that he said that it was faster. The 1967 Charger added the indicator lights on the top of the front fenders, made a vinyl top optional (ugh) and had a very different interior treatment (no longer had the full length console).
      I also noticed a 1967 Imperial convertible there. I owned a 1967 Imperial Crown Coupe.
      IIRC, I owned both the Charger and the Imperial for nine years.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X