Something interesting I found...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something interesting I found...

Apparently, an actual Studebaker scholarship exists! Considering my rear end will be sent out with my knapsack and bathtub bourbon to college next year, this could prove to be very useful. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm personally wondering if this is even genuine.

Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

It is genuine. Many of us either belong to the foundation or have contributed to it.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Turning Wheels in the past has featured two winners of scholarships...I say go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by jclary
        GOOD LUCK WITH COLLEGE!

Avoid indoctrination and embrace education!
        Believe me sir I will try my best to actually get an education. With how uncertain the job market is, I'm wondering if even going to college is a good idea. That being said, I am honestly looking forward to the experience and if I play my cards right, I should emerge with no debt to my name. That is what freedom feels like!
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
          Believe me sir I will try my best to actually get an education. With how uncertain the job market is, I'm wondering if even going to college is a good idea. That being said, I am honestly looking forward to the experience and if I play my cards right, I should emerge with no debt to my name. That is what freedom feels like!
          I'm not sure what your course of study is but to arrive 4-5 years from now with a degree and no debt is all good. The jobs are out there for the ambitious folks like you that choose a viable major and carry it to completion.

My four grandkids vary in age from 19-26. All are in various stages of a college education but we will have a vet, a school teacher, an MBA in fashion and design and a Physical Therapist in the family and they will all succeed into the future.

Study hard and succeed. Godspeed - Bob

Comment

We have had members in our chapter who received the scholarship to McPherson College....
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I also give a Studebaker related college scholarship that I have endowed. It has been discussed here on the Forum in the past so I will not add more now.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I wonder if the Foundation would cover a Trade School education? I mean, we DO need mechanics for these cars. There are some excellent trade schools for this in Phoenix, for instance. The world does not continue to go down the road with four-year colleges and universities. It keeps running with tradesmen.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

My advice is to select your major course of study carefully considering not only the demand for it presently but what the continued prospects are projected to be in the future. Do try to avoid taking up a profession that will be obsoleted by technological change or other displacing economic forces.

Steve

Comment

Chris Collins is the newsletter editor, Arizona Regional Manager, and gave a great presentation at the International Meet in Tacoma about the Studebaker Foundation. Her contact information is on the Forum site. A great longtime Studebaker Drivers Club member, very active and a great source of information about the Studebaker Foundation.

Bob Miles

Comment

Another important thing to consider in working towards a career is to to find something you really enjoy. The downside is you might end up having a hard time quiting.
                      David L

Comment

Originally posted by 64Avanti View Post
                        Another important thing to consider in working towards a career is to to find something you really enjoy. The downside is you might end up having a hard time quiting.
                        A relevant question is do we succeed because we choose careers that we are passionate about or do we become passionate about a career when we find purpose in it? I kind of see both sides but I think Mike Rowe has a pretty good take on it, see the following episode of "The Ben Shapiro Sunday Special".
                        Mike Rowe joins me to discuss his journey from tradesman to TV celebrity, the importance of a strong work ethic, and why happiness is not a worthy goal.Check...

Comment

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                          A relevant question is do we succeed because we choose careers that we are passionate about or do we become passionate about a career when we find purpose in it? I kind of see both sides but I think Mike Rowe has a pretty good take on it, see the following episode of "The Ben Shapiro Sunday Special".
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UVqtXX6LbM4
                          You are correct that a person can become passionate about something by finding a purpose in it. However I believe that you are more likely to succeed if you chose something you are passionate about instead of stumbling into a career and then becoming passionate about it. I knew from the time I was 13 what I wanted to do and never regretted it.
                          David L

Comment

Working...
                          X