Gave in to temptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update

The new to me project is coming along. I got the coolant leak fixed, flushed the fuel system and was able to run the car long enough to adjust the carb. Did a little testing and found no horn, brake lights or turn signals. Test light showed power to brake light switch, nothing coming out. Replaced switch, had power coming out but only one brake light working. Checked at the 6 wire connecter to t/s switch, found brake light power going in, but only coming out on one side. Put power on each turn signal wire with jumper from battery, all lamps worked. Figured trouble was in switch or wires in column. Replaced t/s switch, brake lights and turn signals test good!. I also replaced the broken horn wire. Now I'll take it down to the garage for tires and NYS inspection.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

I drove the car or the first time Thursday. Took it down the road and put gas in it, then took it for its NY state inspection. Was planning on driving it to our chapter meeting today, but after putting a few miles on it the fuel pump developed a leak. Guess the diaphragm dried out during its long nap, and cracked after being put back in service. I ordered a rebuild kit for the pump, and will try to have it ready for next months get together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9016 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1727727Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9018 (2).jpg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1727728
      Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Seing it from the side I think it looks cool with the extra piece & bumper forwarded! The extra "rallye-lights" sure gives a European look, in Sweden it's common on daily drivers, but these ones sits a bit to high & on some strange home-made stuff, but I reckon that's the way some folks does it & I've seen uglier stuff!
        This is my (off topic brand) now-a-days all year daily driver (while I'm customizing Josephine's face):
        Click image for larger version

Name:	020,5.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1727730
        Last edited by Noxnabaker; 04-22-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Is that a Renault?
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Yep, if Citroen made Renaults, then it is! Otherwise not... Google "AMI6".

Comment

Working...
            X