61/62 front guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61/62 front guard

Hello, on the 61 hawk I have just purchased, it has 57 front guards with the light divit in the top, in the spares I also have a pair of 62 gt guards, they have holes in the top for the trim, but I think might be a better option than grafting sections to cover the divits. Question is, are 62 front guards the same as 61 besides the trim. Also, has anybody got a good contact for repair sections on front guards, the section behind the air vent, next to the door, regards, Cus
    sigpic

Fenders, as we call them are the same except for the trim holes, as you say. Repair sections for rear section of front fender are available from "Classic Enterprises"
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Marcus, have you joined your Studebaker Club in NSW?
      studebakercarclubnsw.com

www.newcastlestudebaker.org

Or the Midwest NSW chapter in Dubbo.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Great, that's good news.
        Also, my Hood doesn't have the chrome scoop ornament on it, will I be able to fit one, will I have to cut an opening? or are they just for looks,

regards, Cus
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cus63 View Post
          Great, that's good news.
          Also, my Hood doesn't have the chrome scoop ornament on it, will I be able to fit one, will I have to cut an opening? or are they just for looks,

regards, Cus
          Rework the hood to fit scoop looking trim.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180123_200128.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1724006Click image for larger version

Name:	20180123_200113.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1724007Click image for larger version

Name:	20180122_100723 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1724008Here are a couple of pictures, using the repair panels from classis enterprises. They also produce the vent surround. Not a perfect fit, but much less work than making them from scratch.
            Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Wow, I am sure glad I did not ask what trim it is that goes on top of Front BUMPER Guards!

This is a serious English Dialog Country difference here, I have heard of Bonnets being Hoods and Boots being Trunks, Windscreens being Windshields, but never THIS one.

I wonder if it has something to do with NEVER being out of the U.S.A. Stepping over the Canadian & Mexican Border excluded of course.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X