Thread: My new M5 Truck

My new M5 Truck

Parts of it anyway as I bring it home. Lots of work ahead. M5 Truck home 003.jpgM5 Truck home 006.jpg

I've never had anything older than a 1949, I don't know a lot about M5 Trucks so here we go.

President Member
    Heat, and something to break the wind.
    What else do you need?

President Member
    Looks good....so far. Welcome to the forum and welcome to the M-Series club! These trucks are quite enjoyable, you will find many experts on here to help out. I would suggest to contact a member by the name of Richard Quinn, he is a wealth of knowledge concerning these models. Look forward to seeing more pictures.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 61LaRk4dr View Post
    Looks good....so far. Welcome to the forum and welcome to the M-Series club! These trucks are quite enjoyable, you will find many experts on here to help out. I would suggest to contact a member by the name of Richard Quinn, he is a wealth of knowledge concerning these models. Look forward to seeing more pictures.
    You are welcoming someone to the Forum that already has 1826 posts here (about three times what you have).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

I started with worse! Send more pictures!

M dashboard removal windsheild & main wire harness 020.jpgM dashboard removal windsheild & main wire harness 008.jpgM dashboard removal windsheild & main wire harness 011.jpg

Trying to figure out if the dash was a tan color, or green, or tan with green accents? The body looks like it was green with red wheels (fancy white pin stripes)

The dash and interior has me stumped. The headliner and panels were grey, door trim mouldings and windshield mouldings were tan/grey , steering wheel was brownish.... Dash has hints of tan and green.

Anyone know if dashes were body color? And, were there mainly just 2 interior colors, or 3 ?

It seems I have a bit of TAN, Grey, and small bits of Green, and Brown

President Member
    Dunno, but (for a truck with no brakes) you're driving WAY too close to that GT.