My new M5 Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new M5 Truck

Parts of it anyway as I bring it home. Lots of work ahead. Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Truck  home 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1759499Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Truck  home 006.jpg
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1759500

I've never had anything older than a 1949, I don't know a lot about M5 Trucks so here we go.

Heat, and something to break the wind.
    What else do you need?

Comment

Looks good....so far. Welcome to the forum and welcome to the M-Series club! These trucks are quite enjoyable, you will find many experts on here to help out. I would suggest to contact a member by the name of Richard Quinn, he is a wealth of knowledge concerning these models. Look forward to seeing more pictures.
      1947 Studebaker M-5
      1946 Studebaker M-5
      1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
      1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
      1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by 61LaRk4dr View Post
        Looks good....so far. Welcome to the forum and welcome to the M-Series club! These trucks are quite enjoyable, you will find many experts on here to help out. I would suggest to contact a member by the name of Richard Quinn, he is a wealth of knowledge concerning these models. Look forward to seeing more pictures.
        You are welcoming someone to the Forum that already has 1826 posts here (about three times what you have).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I started with worse! Send more pictures!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	M dashboard removal windsheild & main wire harness 020.jpg
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1723945Click image for larger version

Name:	M dashboard removal windsheild & main wire harness 008.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1723946Click image for larger version

Name:	M dashboard removal windsheild & main wire harness 011.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1723947

Trying to figure out if the dash was a tan color, or green, or tan with green accents? The body looks like it was green with red wheels (fancy white pin stripes)

The dash and interior has me stumped. The headliner and panels were grey, door trim mouldings and windshield mouldings were tan/grey , steering wheel was brownish.... Dash has hints of tan and green.

Anyone know if dashes were body color? And, were there mainly just 2 interior colors, or 3 ?

It seems I have a bit of TAN, Grey, and small bits of Green, and Brown

Comment

Dunno, but (for a truck with no brakes) you're driving WAY too close to that GT.

Comment

Working...
              X