Nice write up on 64 Hawks at another blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice write up on 64 Hawks at another blog

Not terribly in depth, but still nice to see.

The 1962-64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk is my favorite Studebaker. It was the last of a line of Studebaker Hawks that began in 1956. But thanks to the deft hand Continue Reading →

The author also has written about Cruisers. If you click the link below, you can scroll thru and find them if you're interested. Also articles non Stude related, but some are interesting.

Please note; I am neither the author, nor the owner of the blog. Just thought some here might find the articles interesting.
    Last edited by bumpkinvilledano; 09-22-2018, 06:41 AM. Reason: spelling
    Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the authors enthusiasm, and a lot of nice photos.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Great revealing (at least to novices) article. Thanks for posting. It makes me proud to be an owner for 51 years.
      Bill

Comment

Well written, fun, and accurate. Thanks for sharing the article, Dano.
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Other than the Author being a bit too obsessed with that ONE Bermuda Brown Metallic '64 GT Hawk he calls Tobacco Brown, (really not THE sharpest Color IMHO) the story is very good and quite factual, better than most.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01266.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1723838I agree with StudeRich, a reasonable read but my favorite '64 color is Strato Blue.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Same here, with Laguna Blue close behind!

I own the '39th 1964 V8 Studebaker down the Line; a Strato Blue Daytona 4 Door Sedan, very well equipped for the San Francisco area 1964 Introductions with Dealer Installed Studebaker Air Cond.
              It was assembled Aug. 12, 1963 which HAD to be the First day of Production, unless things went terribly wrong, and it was the 2nd. Day!

My other Strato Blue '64, is a Daytona Hardtop special ordered for the Studebaker Corp. Zone Office Dealer Rep. in Burlingame, CA. A VERY well equipped Car as all Co. Cars were.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 09-22-2018, 10:22 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

These may be the only remaining photos I have (taken '68 and '73) of my two favorite white Studebakers. '64 GT Hawk and 66' Daytona Coupe. Both with AT, AC, V8, Black interiors. I only had them for about 2 years each. Too many cars and never enough space to keep them.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	my old cars 015.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1723842 Click image for larger version

Name:	my old cars 021.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1723843

Comment

Working...
                X