No announcement yet.

57 Golden Hawk Fuel pump Gasket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 57 Golden Hawk Fuel pump Gasket.

I have been trying to get this glass piece back on my fuel pump. The pump was rebuilt and new gaskets seem to be too large for it. Am I doing it wrong? Anybody got a suggestion about how to get this thing back on. I have pressed with all the force I can and still can't get the latch to engage. Any help will be appreciated
    Attached Files

Need a picture of the glass seated to the cork, and the square nut seated in it's bail pocket. Then we can tell if the bail will clear the glass. From these two pictures, it almost looks like the bail needs to be bent slightly to clear the glass.

Comment

I don't know if your Cork gasket fits all the way down in the recess or not, but I have found that sometimes the Repair Kits have better Gaskets for the glass bowl in the Steel Bowl Kit's!
      I think that the Supplier: the "Cellar" gets them mixed up.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Leave the glass bowl out a minute and install the bail in the pump body first. Then pull the bail over to one side and slip the bowl and filter in. The gasket for the bowl is , oh, 1/8" thick max. If yours is thicker you will have to just get a piece of cork gasket and cut a ring.

Comment

Try without the ceramic filter to be sure there is no interference with the glass bowl. Something seems to be preventing the glass bowl to get all the way down.
          Nice day to all.
          sigpic

Comment

I talked to my vendor today. He said the cork is definately too thick. H said he would send me another that was thinner. He says he thinks the wrong gasket was included in the kit. I should have it by the weekend. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Ross,
              1/8 inch is decimal .125 inch. my gasket is .289 inch. , so i guess it may be way too thick.

Comment

It appears that the bail is broken?

Comment

Working...
                X