FoMoCo Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust: FoMoCo Gasket

I can not remember the exact model, but the FoMoCo exhaust manifold flange gasket is better than the standard Studebaker variety as it has some asbestos as part of the composition, as opposed to a straight metal gasket.
    Anyone know what model Ford gasket I need for an Avanti?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Notes from years ago...
    EXFLG - Exhaust flange gasket - NAPA# F5436AK ( califdrming@juno.com) 60 - 62 Ford small 6,
    57 - 67 Cadillac a Victor F5360-C. jtusher@home.com

Asbestos exhaust manifold gaskets 62-64 Ford small sixes / 57-67 Cadillac
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

They are for the Falcon 1960-1964, 170 and 200 6 Cyl. Ford engines.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you all this is just what I need, sadly for some reason the pass side gasket only lasts 4 years:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
          sadly for some reason the pass side gasket only lasts 4 years:-(
          Is it possible that the passenger side manifold is slightly warped on the gasket surface?
          Or, is it possible that the exhaust pipe frame mount is putting too much pressure on the manifold?
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
            Notes from years ago...
            EXFLG - Exhaust flange gasket - NAPA# F5436AK ( califdrming@juno.com) 60 - 62 Ford small 6,
            57 - 67 Cadillac a Victor F5360-C. jtusher@home.com

Asbestos exhaust manifold gaskets 62-64 Ford small sixes / 57-67 Cadillac
            C1DZ-9450-A (replaced C0DZ-9450-A) .. Exhaust Manifold Gasket to Inlet Pipe / Obsolete

1960/62 Falcon/Comet 144/170 I-6 // 1963 and later is different, no 200's until 1964.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has 89 = 800-543-4959.

Comment

Roy the only thing I did some years ago was eliminate the heat riser valve, and in its place put in a spacer. The pipes are all SS from Don Simmons.
              Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              Is it possible that the passenger side manifold is slightly warped on the gasket surface?
              Or, is it possible that the exhaust pipe frame mount is putting too much pressure on the manifold?
              - - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this, I have been a customer of Green for years for my big Fords!
              Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
              C1DZ-9450-A (replaced C0DZ-9450-A) .. Exhaust Manifold Gasket to Inlet Pipe / Obsolete

1960/62 Falcon/Comet 144/170 I-6 // 1963 and later is different, no 200's until 1964.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has 89 = 800-543-4959.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post

-Thank you for this, I have been a customer of Green for years for my big Fords!
                I've been dealing with Green Sales since the late 1960's and have typed parts references for them on a daily basis since 11/2006 on ford-trucks.com

Comment

LOL.........I also bleed Ford blue:-)
                  Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                  I've been dealing with Green Sales since the late 1960's and have typed parts references for them on a daily basis since 11/2006 on ford-trucks.com

Comment

FelPro 60052, easy as that. Lou Cote

Comment

Many thanks Lou!
                      Originally posted by dynolou2 View Post
                      FelPro 60052, easy as that. Lou Cote

Comment

So after a small time on the lift, I found that the passenger side gaskets were very thin, replaced them, just for the H of it checked the drivers side......felt a leak......removed it and found that the gasket was actually burned in half.....and this the better asbestos variety.....had to utilize two gaskets on the drivers side, I suspect that the exhaust manifold is slightly warped, the double gasket sees to have done the trick as the leak has been stopped.

Comment

Working...
                        X