Thread: RIP: Burt Reynolds

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)

RIP: Burt Reynolds

Helluva guy:

https://journal.classiccars.com/2018...hvdG1haWwuY29t

And:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/b...it-1202930270/

Smokey and Jerry "The Snowman" Reed must be getting caught up.

RIP, Burt; yours was a great run. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 09-06-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

President Member
    "Gator" and "The Longest Yard" were my favorite Burt Reynolds movies. He could play the tough guy in a compassionate way. Not every tough guy could do that.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

I liked the movie "Hooper"where he played a stunt man, as well as his other movies.I guess the Bandit's 'Heaven bound and up!'RIP,Mr.Reynolds,you were the dictionary definition of cool!

The first I recall was seeing him on Gunsmoke. Early on, he was the town blacksmith, and unless I'm mistaken, he was sometimes referred to as Half-Breed! Supposedly half indian...try getting away with that on a show these days.

In his younger days, I thought he was pretty good (weren't we all). Surprisingly, he was also pretty darn funny, as a guest and a guest host on Johnny Carson. In film and life, he had his share of hits & misses. RIP Ol' Burt.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

You remember correctly. His name on the show was Quint Asper if I remember correctly.

RIP, Burt.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

I threw the Smokey & The Bandit soundtrack in the 8-track at work and listened to that. I always enjoyed his movies.

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Here's a nice BR interview reprinted this morning on the Hemmings Blog:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/0...18/?refer=news
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

President Member
    Thanks for the great posts, Bob. Burt was a definite inspiration for we "wannabes" as heck, whats not to like about being a kid with hot cars AND hot girls? In fact in your first post Burt poses beside a 1980 Indy Pace Car Trans Am, which of course, I had to have and did. 1980 was fun times for many of us.
    Thanks for the memories.
    RIP Burt Reynolds.
    Bill