New member with my 36 Dictator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member with my 36 Dictator

Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Ernest Duran &
    I purchased a 1936 Studebaker Dictator 4 door back in March. This car sat in Oceanside collecting rust beyond imaginable. Fortunately I live in Mojave so she's away from all that moisture. My plans are to restore it & look original as possible. I'd like to eventually take it for long distance drives but not 100% sure if the original flat head straight six would be the perfect candidate for this or possibly just do a 350 small block power plant. I don't think this car deserves the full rat rod treatment iMO but I would like it to feel like one. I don't plan on selling this car at all & prefer to keep it part of my collection. Bare with me since I'm new, I'm not familiar with uploading photos to the page yet.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180406_171727.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1759394
    Last edited by Evil_Dictator; 09-06-2018, 10:24 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180406_171207_HDR.jpg
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	1723623Click image for larger version

Name:	20180401_123417.jpg
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	1723624

Comment

Looks like a fun project! I had a '32 model 55 Regal sedan that ended up in Norway. I may have a few pieces of literature, things like factory service bulletins, magazine ads, owners manual etc that I picked up while looking for '32 stuff. PM me if you might be interested in any of it.

Comment

A well reconstituted '36 Dictator will be as reliable a long distance driver as any '36 Dictator ever was; and Studebaker banked on that reputation long before 1936.
        For a vehicle that is going to be driven a good bit, there are also valid reasons to consider a SBC.
        The subject has been thrashed to death on this forum and elsewhere.
        Evaluate your own desires and trust your own judgement.

We would love to see progress reports and photos.
        Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club and/or The Antique Studebaker Club?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I appreciate the comments fellas. I've seen very few of these cars being appreciated & taken out as they once roamed the streets. I hope in the next few months to come, I'll be posting updated progress photos.

Comment

Sat down with a shop on Friday regarding having some body work done. Anybody want to buy the original motor, trans & drivetrain?

Comment

No new updates but will have it sandblasted & sealed this summer

Comment

Dude, I’m in Oceanside! Where did you find it?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Im pretty sure I saw this on a trailer at the meet in Orange County in May, was for sale at that time...

Comment

Working...
                  X