Thread: Early Frost in N Minnesota

Early Frost in N Minnesota

Just missed some slightly early frost here in the Fargo area. It was in the 40s here last night but up NE of here they had a freeze:

http://www.startribune.com/record-br...ota/492603321/

Some new low temp records for this date were set in that area.

Usually will get a frost at least 1 time before the end of this month (Sept) in this area. For some reason, NE of here in upper central Minnesota near the border is always the cold spot.

I was running the AC upstairs just the other day due to some humid weather, although not real hot otherwise.

Jeff in ND

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Just missed some slightly early frost here in the Fargo area. It was in the 40s here last night but up NE of here they had a freeze:

http://www.startribune.com/record-br...ota/492603321/

Some new low temp records for this date were set in that area.

Usually will get a frost at least 1 time before the end of this month (Sept) in this area. For some reason, NE of here in upper central Minnesota near the border is always the cold spot.

I was running the AC upstairs just the other day due to some humid weather, although not real hot otherwise.
    Thank goodness, that front came through here last night and the broke the 80+ temp and humidity we've had. I can't tell you how much more active I feel today. If I wanted to live in the south I'd move there.

Bring on fall and winter.

Bob
    , ,

What ever happened to global warming?

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swvalcon View Post
    It was 93 degrees F with a heat index above 100 here in Wappinger, NY today (about the same the last two days).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Thank goodness we're all hugging the stoves!

It was 55 down in Minneapolis this morning but warmed up nicely.

It apparently moved to Wappinger, NY.

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

President Member
    I trust that all of you who attended the Intl meet enjoyed our typical PNW summer weather. Seventies and low humidity, is the reason most of stay close to home in the summer. It's also why air conditioning was considered unnecessary until transplants began to require it.

President Member
    I thought Fargo is in North Dakota.

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    It was 93 degrees F with a heat index above 100 here in Wappinger, NY today (about the same the last two days).
    Now, three days later, it cooled off by at least 30 degrees for the high of the day. The heat came on in our home today.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

President Member
    It's still going on.

http://ete.cet.edu/gcc/style/images/...ual-5_yr_1.png

Are you confusing weather with climate?

Looks like a last gasp warm spell this week. Highs in the 80s. I was out to do a errand at lunch and it felt "hot" as the humidity was up. Driving m '86 Tbird this week just to exercise it some as not been run in a year. The AC is not working anymore (and not well last year) and I am not going to bother having it looked at now. The heater does not work either so this is about the last I would want to drive it this year.

Fargo, ND is right on the MN border and its more "Minnesota-ish" here as compared to "North Dakota-ish" in a lot of ways. ND sort of "starts" about 50+ West of here in a way as you get out of the RRV. I am sure a real ND native may disagree. I am a MN native but have lived here for 22yrs.

Jeff in ND

Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    Now, three days later, it cooled off by at least 30 degrees for the high of the day. The heat came on in our home today.
    After three consecutive mornings of 64 degrees in my house, I finally turned on the gas boiler yesterday (I have radiant heat in my concrete floor). I heated the house up to 68 degrees then I shut the boiler off. The house has since maintained 68-69 degrees and should become warmer tomorrow as the outside temperature is to approach 80 again. Next week, I will turn the boiler back on as the weather will become autumn again.

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallabutt View Post
    I trust that all of you who attended the Intl meet enjoyed our typical PNW summer weather. Seventies and low humidity, is the reason most of stay close to home in the summer. It's also why air conditioning was considered unnecessary until transplants began to require it.
    I'd like to add to what Bill said about NW climate. No matter how hot it gets, it always cools down to the 50's or low 60's at night. Even in the middle of summer I sometimes I hear the furnace run once during the wee hours.

Silver Hawk Member
    Teed off the morning at 8:03 AM. 50 deg, slight fog, modest breeze, and dew on the fairways. Falls back - Pure Michigan!! Bob
    , ,

Commander Member

Smile This is just a JOKE..NO offense meant

Quote Originally Posted by sweetolbob View Post
    Teed off the morning at 8:03 AM. 50 deg, slight fog, modest breeze, and dew on the fairways. Falls back - Pure Michigan!! Bob
    I thought Pure Michigan was the U. P. where I am from!!! I could not resist a small poke at our 'Troll' friends who live under the bridge.

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firestoper 25 View Post
    I thought Pure Michigan was the U. P. where I am from!!! I could not resist a small poke at our 'Troll' friends who live under the bridge.
    Remember that we traded Toledo for you folks, so I guess it's a win-win, Kinda.

BTW - Never apologize in the header, it takes all the fun out of a friendly exchange.

Bob
    , ,

It was about 92 here Sunday for the last hurrah of hot weather this year. Cooled off A LOT overnight and I needed a jacket the next morning when I went out. Its been cooler this week and started raining here today and in the mid 50s. I had to turn on some heat in the house when I got in a bit ago as it was about 60 in here and will get colder overnight. Expected 40s tonight. I was hoping not to use any heat through end of the month but several days of highs in the low 60s or less and the house was cooling down.

At least not so much rain here as down in south central Minnesota. Will make for a wet and muddy harvest season that is starting soon. I remember problems getting the crop out in the early 80s when I was in HS and it was wet falls.

Jeff in ND

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    It was about 92 here Sunday for the last hurrah of hot weather this year. Cooled off A LOT overnight and I needed a jacket the next morning when I went out. Its been cooler this week and started raining here today and in the mid 50s. I had to turn on some heat in the house when I got in a bit ago as it was about 60 in here and will get colder overnight. Expected 40s tonight.
    Sounds like how it was exactly ten years ago, right after that excellent Zone Meet in Rapid City. Hot and beautiful weather on the way there and during the meet, but then the weather suddenly turned Sunday, and got progressively colder on the way home heading north! As I recall, it was in the high 80's at the meet, and then by the time I got into central Montana, it was a cold, wet and windy 48° F.

Craig