My new studebaker president 1957

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new studebaker president 1957

I'm realy proud to have this one ,it is a new adventure to drive and restore this beautiful one
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Forum, Joan.
    I assume your President's name is "Frankie"?
    Looking forward to hearing, and seeing, more!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome, Joan.
      It is great to hear from another proud Studebaker owner. Tell us how you came by this gem and send more photos. We love photos.
      Be sure to join the Studebaker Drivers Club (see the home page link at the top of this page), also your nearest local chapter. You will get lots of help and advice, learn about the many vendors out there and get lots of really interesting history. We even have some members on the Forum who once worked for Studebaker. Yes, they are still with us.
      FYI, I too own a President. Mine is a '55 sedan.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum!

My first Studebaker, of more than 50, was a 1957 President Classic that had been used one year.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

thank you all ! i learn each day (my first language is french ..then, pardon me my basic anglish LIVE IN QUEBEC CANADA ) I can show more pictures soon, but sorry it is not my rebuilt i buy Frankie like that OF MY GOOD FRIEND THE HE BUY IT BY NET I DONE SOME RESEARCH TO KNOW THE REAL STORY OF FRANKIE
          i tell you i learn each day and i garanti to continue take care of this beutiful one. The origine, the color, the interior, I feel not driving a big car but it is. now i have to repair my speedometer it is a cyclop with tach (IT'S TURN ALL THE TIME )
          AND HAVE TO CHANGE THE MASTER CYLINDER BRAKE IN A DUAL MASTER CYLINDER FOR MORE SECURITY...SHOW PICTURE SOON! PROMISED!

Comment

Welcome Joan!
            I too own a 1957, Packard Clipper Wagon, which is a similar chassis to yours. Post more pics and you'll receive a lot of assistance here on this forum. I'm from the other end of our country, British Columbia.
            Cheers,
            Bill

Comment

There are many Québécois who frequent the Forum. In good company!
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Not a show car but a solid good one, new for me 7 day in my garage Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO 1-4-page-001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	1723444Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO5-8-page-002 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1723446
                Attached Files

Comment

Very very nice

Mark

Comment

Congrats, they are great cars. I love mine.

Comment

Studevair - I like your car. Is it a tri-tone or is that just lighting or some other picture/monitor artifact? I assume that you also have a Corvair. What is it?
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It is just the lighting, it is wedge wood and azure blue two tone. This is the car I bought at the Dunkirk NY swap meet a few years ago. I sold my last Corvair to buy the President as I only have enough room for two "toys" and I won't ever get rid of my Lark so the Corvair had to go to make room for the President.

Comment

Beautiful it,s look realy great!...the two tone look more classsic. This week end i have time to check some things on my stud ,then we decide to make a retrofit disc turner on front with a dual master cylinder..(winter project) and change the interior of my speedometer (the cyclop turn all the time) ... i have to use my cell phone to know my speed

Comment

Originally posted by Studevair View Post
                            Congrats, they are great cars. I love mine.
                            Studeviair: What the last four numbers of the serial number of your President Classic? I used to have one just like it and lost track of it after I sold it. Great car!
                            Bill L.
                            1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                            X