Thread: 1950 & '51 2dr pics & id

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries

1950 & '51 2dr pics & id

I found 2 studes on line. One is looks like a 2dr coupe, maybe a business coupe, and has a rear seat & starlite back glass. (wrap around). (did they make bus. coupes with a rear seat?) The other one is a 1950 2dr, but has extra window in rear passenger area with no rear seat visible and starlite back glass. I know one is a champion. Are they desirable cars? Both look rough enough to be parts cars. I don't know the condition of the floor pans on either one.

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pckstude View Post
    I found 2 studes on line. One is looks like a 2dr coupe, maybe a business coupe, and has a rear seat & starlite back glass. (wrap around). (did they make bus. coupes with a rear seat?) The other one is a 1950 2dr, but has extra window in rear passenger area with no rear seat visible and starlite back glass. I know one is a champion. Are they desirable cars? Both look rough enough to be parts cars. I don't know the condition of the floor pans on either one.
    The 3 passenger coupe (business coupe) did not have a wrap around rear window, like a STARLIGHT coupe (5 passenger coupe), which is what you appear to be describing.
    You say that the second one has an "extra window in rear passenger area". This would be a two door sedan. Does your "no" also apply to what you call starlite (sic) [Starlight] back glass?
    If they are "rough enough to be parts cars", that should be how they are priced.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Here is my 1950 Champion 2 door sedan.

Champion at Anoka State Hospital.jpg

51 Starlight3.jpg < Here is a '51 Starlight Coupe
    51 Champ Business Coupe1.jpg < And a '51 Business Coupe.
    These are the ONLY model that came with NO back Seat.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Pckstude View Post
    If you give us the link to the on line pictures, we can tell you what they are and if they are valuable.

If you are afraid that someone here will swoop in and steal your good deal, well... we probably won't.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible