Thread: East Central MN SDC first annual car show

East Central MN SDC first annual car show

For those that don't know the East central Mn. is a new Studebaker Drivers Club that started about a year and a half ago here in MN. This year seeing as how we are a newer club and kind of small as yet we teamed up with the city of Mora. Mn Chamber of Commerce car show and co-hosted with them for our annual car show. It was held yesterday and had a good turn out. Fifteen club members cars where on display and weather although was slightly warm held up great. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and I think a good time was had by all. A few members even won some awards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One more photo, with the 1956 pickup. By the way, in attendance was the former owners of the local Studebaker dealership (Anderman Motors) and the great-great granddaughter of the founder of Onan generators was also in attendance.
    DSCF6428.jpg

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Wish I knew about it. I'd have driven my 50 Land Cruiser up to it.

Nice turnout. Would have been more North Star Chapter members there if it hadn't been scheduled the same day as the Upper Mississippi Valley Zone Meet in Iowa City,Iowa.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Bob. That is true but this is the day the city of Mora had it planed so we didn't have any options. Trouble is we only have so many weekends in the summer in MN. Seems like no matter what weekend you pick there is something else going on. Tom Don't forget our cars and coffee on Sept. 1st at Freddies Restaurant at 9: am.

I hear ya. When the city is involved your in their hands. Next year the turnout should be even bigger.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Steve, what are your thoughts on eliminating the $10 car entrance fee? I know it is the Chamber of Commerce that is charging it and I'm not saying that $10 will break anybodys bank, but the downtown businesses benefit from all of the old cars and spectators that attend and therefor it should be free to display a car there.

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.