No announcement yet.

Studebakers of Montana / Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a few people who would love to have those huge factory bumper guards (and maybe the spotlight) on the blue 2R-10/11 pickup. I THINK that the fender-mounted directional signals are also original Stude accessory items.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures. I enjoyed them a lot.

I had the same thought as skyway when I saw the Crosley picture. The vehicle looks big at first glance. Then I recognized what it was and thought: "That can't be very big. It's a Crosley!"

Comment

Maybe a quick confirmation of location on Hwy 200 would help. I can't locate using Google Earth. Thanks, Bill.

Comment

Perhaps it is an outdoor automobile museum? That is what I call such a collection, they are fun to walk through.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            Perhaps it is an outdoor automobile museum? That is what I call such a collection, they are fun to walk through.
            Until you open a hood or a trunk and out comes a swarm of hornets!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Until you open a hood or a trunk and out comes a swarm of hornets!!

Craig
              Funny you should mention that...on Sunday I attempted to open the hood of a 1960 Champ that is parked on my lawn....too many wasps came out of the grill for me to get the hood open!
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Any update on location? Hwy 200 spans most of the state!
                78 Avanti RQB 2792
                64 Avanti R1 R5408
                63 Avanti R1 R4551
                63 Avanti R1 R2281
                62 GT Hawk V15949
                56 GH 6032504
                56 GH 6032588
                55 Speedster 7160047
                55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Sorry this confirmation took so long but I did write " I think it was somewhat between the towns of Talc and Trout Creek if I recall correctly."
                  Hope this helps you.
                  Bill

Comment

​UPDATE: "Studebakers of Montana" actually should have read " Studebakers of Idaho" as we were in the vicinity again a few weeks ago and it appears the Montana border was about 20 miles further from Idaho on Hwy 200 heading south east into Montana. Sorry for the mis-direction but at 80 MPH it tends to be a bit of a blur.
                    Here are some pics including some from a realty location adjacent to Hwy 56. Some pretty amazing Studebaker survivors.
                    Bill
                    Last edited by showbizkid; 11-12-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Dang... I would LOVE to have a '58 hardtop

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Those are in really decent shape for sitting outside in ID. Really neat find.

mark

Comment

call me crazy, but I'd love to have the 2R10, the 20's truck with the home made winch, and the late 20's Gangster Car....

Comment

Most likely another NO THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE GOING TO RESTORE THOSE SOME DAY.

Comment

The fascinating bit to me is the cars sitting on top of the rolloff trucks - which are themselves of a similar vintage. It's like someone dragged them there, never unloaded them, and there they sit.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

This place is along the Clark Fork river, between the town of Clark Fork, and the intersection of the highway with the one going north to Troy, MT. Not on the road to Kalispell. Sandpoint>Clark Fork>this quarry>.
                                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                                X