Thread: Oh no it's Ebay again

President Member
    Blog Entries

Oh no it's Ebay again

I am a very infrequent Ebayer. Just found out that one can no longer include bidder questions on a auction listing. It took them most of this morning to tell me that I can no longer post a bidders question/answer even though the "box" which directs this has been checked. BUT I can add it to the description. When I reminded Ebay that I had previously been told one can not change the listing after the first bid, the response was; I was not changing the add I was "adding" to it. I think my former English teacher would like to talk to them about that; adding to a narrative might be construed as changing. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Squeebay policy makers are dorks.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

President Member
    I've been using eBay since 1998. And, I've only had one deal that went bad back in the early days. Lots of times, it's hard to understand why they do what they do. I've used it less than 500 times over the twenty years. But, it's brought me stuff that would have been otherwise unobtanium.

Recently, I thought I'd been taken. But, I was mistaken.

I hit Buy It Now on an item which was listed by a seller with zero feedback. I overlooked looking at the seller's profile, so I felt it was my fault to begin with. The seller listed a $200+ item I needed for $50. Power tool. And, I felt like one after I instantly paid for the item.

I got frustrated, because eBay insisted I never paid for the item. It's directions for resolution were vague. eBay suspended the listing, and the seller was not able to be contacted. They instructed me to contact the seller. The listing did have the money back guarantee listed, but the listing was gone. I thought I was stranded.

After waiting ten days, I decided I was going to try and recover the money. I thought I'd go to Paypal to see how to file a claim there.

Once on Paypal, I saw that the seller had never "accepted" the payment, and it was in limbo. Evidently, Paypal suspended the guy instantly too, and he couldn't receive payments either. I cancelled the payment and got the money back.

Long story short, if I'd followed the eBay instructions, I'd still be lost. They sent me a follow up survey, and I blasted their instructions on resolving my problem in it.

I've only sold a handful of items using it. But, I've bought hundreds. The more you use it, the more you learn. Running a worldwide garage sale has to be worse than herding cats.

I have been screwed a couple times by eBay. I don't sell there anymore. They DO NOT care.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers