Results 1 to 33 of 33

Thread: 2028

  1. #1
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    3,226

    2028



    I'm living in 2028 while you meer mortals are stuck in 2018.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  2. #2
    President Member tsenecal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Elko NV
    Posts
    658
    Looking good! Are shoelaces just ancient history in 2028?

  3. #3
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by tsenecal View Post
    Looking good! Are shoelaces just ancient history in 2028?
    Yes. When SHTF everything is gonna be in short supply. Better stock up on duct tape and tie wraps now.
    Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 07-29-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  4. #4
    Golden Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wappingers Falls, New York, USA.
    Posts
    20,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    Yes. When SHTF everything is gonna be in short supply. Better stock up on duck tape and tie wraps now.
    Do you really tape up ducks? Ducts are commonly taped up.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

  5. #5
    Silver Hawk Member Milaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milaca, Minnesota, USA.
    Posts
    6,142
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    Do you really tape up ducks?
    How else would one repair a duck that is quacked up?

    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

  6. #6
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    3,226
    Duck Tape is a brand name for duct tape. Google it. So I wasn't entirely wrong this time. <G>
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  7. #7
    Golden Hawk Member jclary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Greer, sc, USA.
    Posts
    10,139
    Watch out Jerry...tree huggers claimed they would save the world by building huge bird killing electricity-generating windmills, banning Freon 12, then replacing light bulbs with those little squiggly thingys, cash for clunkers, replacing cigarette smoke with marijuana smoke, indoctrination instead of education, etc., etc...now...plastic straws!!! Probably next to be banned...PLASTIC WIRE TIES!!! Except for the ones they place on your wrists as they haul you off to jail.

    By 2028, we will all probably be required to have underwear with built-in catalytic converters.
    Last edited by jclary; 07-29-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

  8. #8
    President Member ddub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Centralia, WA, USA
    Posts
    2,148
    A lot of us, myself included, likely won't be around in 2028, so I am grateful for this glimpse of the future.
    Last edited by ddub; 07-28-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

    40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

    * Formerly owned

  9. #9
    President Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by jclary View Post

    By 2018, we will all probably be required to have underwear with built-in catalytic converters.
    Only if your fuel is pork BBQ and beer. If you run on skim milk and granola, you'll be exempt.

  10. #10
    Golden Hawk Member rockne10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa, USA.
    Posts
    13,994
    John, it sounds like you could use a bit more education.
    I'm afraid Clark will need to strike some silliness from this discussion.

  11. #11
    Golden Hawk Member jclary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Greer, sc, USA.
    Posts
    10,139
    Quote Originally Posted by rockne10 View Post
    John, it sounds like you could use a bit more education.
    I'm afraid Clark will need to strike some silliness from this discussion.
    Well...if certain folks get their way, I might just get that education...FREE!

    But for those who have lost their sense of humor...they lose their ability to recognize satire, and in bitterness, judge others while exempting themselves.

    Sorry about your delicate feelings(silly me)

    I think I'll wander out to the barn and crank up a couple of Studebakers & blast some hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

  12. #12
    Commander Member JimKB1MCV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    35
    Um, aren't we just a bit more than halfway through 2018?
    2028 will be a stretch for some of us, though.

  13. #13
    President Member r1lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC, USA.
    Posts
    4,174
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by jclary View Post
    By 2018, we will all probably be required to have underwear with built-in catalytic converters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddub View Post
    A lot of us, myself included, likely won't be around in 2018, so I am grateful for this glimpse of the future.
    Apparently both John and Don are living in 2008...........
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

  14. #14
    Golden Hawk Member rockne10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa, USA.
    Posts
    13,994
    Quote Originally Posted by jclary View Post
    But for those who have lost their sense of humor...
    I haven't lost mine, John. I just didn't detect any in your post. Perhaps your idea of satire is what needs a little work.

  15. #15
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    3,226
    Why can't we just all get along.
    Don't worry, be happy.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  16. #16
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by r1lark View Post
    Apparently both John and Don are living in 2008...........
    I noticed those typos, but I was gentlemanly enough not to point them out. I knew what they meant to say.
    I guess that makes me a better person than you. Roflmao.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  17. #17
    President Member Jeff_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    S RR Valley, ND, USA.
    Posts
    2,367
    Hope you remembered to have a snips handy when its time to go in the house!!! Ha.

    Makes me wonder whatever happened to velcro on shoes? I had a pair like that (the IN thing at the time for casual shoes) about 1985. Not sure I have seen any since. The downside was you could not take them off quietly (if that was important, haha).

    Jeff in ND

  18. #18
    President Member ddub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Centralia, WA, USA
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by r1lark View Post
    Apparently both John and Don are living in 2008...........
    Oops! I fixed that. I am old but not ready to go yet.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

    40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

    * Formerly owned

  19. #19
    Golden Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wappingers Falls, New York, USA.
    Posts
    20,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    Duck Tape is a brand name for duct tape. Google it. So I wasn't entirely wrong this time. <G>
    I know that, but then it would have been Duck Tape, not "duck tape".
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

  20. #20
    President Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Above the Equator
    Posts
    1,795
    Say "Hello" to Doc Brown and Marty for me.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

  21. #21
    President Member r1lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC, USA.
    Posts
    4,174
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    I noticed those typos, but I was gentlemanly enough not to point them out. I knew what they meant to say.
    I guess that makes me a better person than you. Roflmao.
    "Gentleman Jerry".........I like that!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

  22. #22
    Silver Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bay City, Mi., USA.
    Posts
    7,014
    My research shows that the date should be closer to 2022 as long socks with shorts were officially outlawed by the Fashion Police in early 2023.

    Bob
    , ,

  23. #23
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    I know that, but then it would have been Duck Tape, not "duck tape".
    Ok Gary. You win. I went back and corrected the spelling in the original post. Do you feel better now?
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  24. #24
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetolbob View Post
    My research shows that the date should be closer to 2022 as long socks with shorts were officially outlawed by the Fashion Police in early 2023.

    Bob
    Who said I was wearing shorts?
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk


  25. #25
    Silver Hawk Member 53k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Martinsburg, West Virginia, USA.
    Posts
    5,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    ...Makes me wonder whatever happened to velcro on shoes? I had a pair like that (the IN thing at the time for casual shoes) about 1985. Not sure I have seen any since. The downside was you could not take them off quietly (if that was important, haha).
    SAS shoes (San Antonio Shoemakers). I bought my second pair of velco fastener shoes last summer. First pair I bought 10 years or so ago won't wear out so that leaves me with two pairs.
    SAS is all American made with all American materials. They advertise that they are the world's most comfortable shoes and I can't dispute that. Plan on paying around $150 for them.

    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

  26. #26
    Golden Hawk Member 8E45E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    , , Canada.
    Posts
    15,437
    Quote Originally Posted by 53k View Post
    SAS shoes (San Antonio Shoemakers). I bought my second pair of velco fastener shoes last summer. First pair I bought 10 years or so ago won't wear out so that leaves me with two pairs.
    SAS is all American made with all American materials. They advertise that they are the world's most comfortable shoes and I can't dispute that. Plan on paying around $150 for them.
    Some swear by 'Z-Coil' footwear, especially if they have to stand all day.

    Craig

  27. #27
    Golden Hawk Member jclary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Greer, sc, USA.
    Posts
    10,139
    Quote Originally Posted by jclary View Post
    ...I think I'll wander out to the barn and crank up a couple of Studebakers & blast some hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    ...Don't worry, be happy.
    I will admit that we sometimes get a little silly with our antics on the forums. Not all of us take everything so serious and despite efforts to make everything as unoffensive and "vanilla" as possible, everyone here can't always hide their individualism. One thing for sure, we share a bond regarding our cars, and often even our silly posting reveal how much fun we have. And, even when we sometimes have a little "dust-up" I can't hold any ill will or malice toward anyone who has a Land Cruiser or even a loveable old Rokne. One problem with Internet-based communication, is that, in the absence of a pre-approved "script," it is often difficult to not bump into someone's sensitivities (trigger points?).

    It is unfortunate that some find it difficult to be happy unless someone else is miserable, but let's face it...life is not fair, has never been fair, nor never will be fair. The best antidote to all of it Jerry summed up very well.

    On the subject of being happy...after about six months of Studebaker inactivity...yesterday I managed to fire up two Studebakers that had sat so long I had to kill wasp and spiders nesting in various places, buy one new battery, and jump-start another. (The jump start car will also require a new battery) So...for now, I am happy 'bout the engines firing up.

    I thought about being unhappy...but due to my tendency to procrastinate,... I postponed that. OH...I thought about using wire ties on my shoes too...but too CASO for such expense.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

  28. #28
    President Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,779

    Wink

    [QUOTE=Jerry Forrester;
    I'm living in 2028 while you meer mortals are stuck in 2018.[/QUOTE]

    Hmmmm. I'm looking for a time machine to get back to 1958. Besides getting in at the IPO on Microsoft, I'd pick up some cool cars and bikes, slather them with Cosmoline and store them away.

    And some other things that I won't mention on a public forum.

  29. #29
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    387
    PolyKen tape is now my tape of choice. Gave up duct / duck tape over 15 years ago and haven't regretted it. We go through at least a case (24) rolls per month.
    "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
    R.W. Emerson

  30. #30
    Golden Hawk Member 8E45E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    , , Canada.
    Posts
    15,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jnormanh View Post
    I'm looking for a time machine to get back to 1958. Besides getting in at the IPO on Microsoft, I'd pick up some cool cars and bikes, slather them with Cosmoline and store them away.
    Cosmoline certainly didn't help this '57 Plymouth, despite it being in a 'time machine': https://www.allpar.com/history/auto-...e-capsule.html

    Craig

  31. #31
    President Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Union, CT., USA.
    Posts
    4,419
    John, You crack Me up some times ! speaking of some times, some times I think maybe just maybe the underwear thing might come in handy

    Quote Originally Posted by jclary View Post
    Watch out Jerry...tree huggers claimed they would save the world by building huge bird killing electricity-generating windmills, banning Freon 12, then replacing light bulbs with those little squiggly thingys, cash for clunkers, replacing cigarette smoke with marijuana smoke, indoctrination instead of education, etc., etc...now...plastic straws!!! Probably next to be banned...PLASTIC WIRE TIES!!! Except for the ones they place on your wrists as they haul you off to jail.

    By 2028, we will all probably be required to have underwear with built-in catalytic converters.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

  32. #32
    President Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by 8E45E View Post
    Cosmoline certainly didn't help this '57 Plymouth, despite it being in a 'time machine': https://www.allpar.com/history/auto-...e-capsule.html

    Craig
    True, but the Plymouth was below ground in a hole which filled with water from time to time.

  33. #33
    President Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Fresno, California, USA.
    Posts
    3,944
    Quote Originally Posted by 63t-cab View Post
    John, You crack Me up some times ! speaking of some times, some times I think maybe just maybe the underwear thing might come in handy
    This is not the first time John has brought up the subject of catalytic converted underwear. Hmm. Wonder what's going on. On second thought, nevermind!
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)




    Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •