No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
    Apparently both John and Don are living in 2008...........
    I noticed those typos, but I was gentlemanly enough not to point them out. I knew what they meant to say.
    I guess that makes me a better person than you. Roflmao.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Hope you remembered to have a snips handy when its time to go in the house!!! Ha.

Makes me wonder whatever happened to velcro on shoes? I had a pair like that (the IN thing at the time for casual shoes) about 1985. Not sure I have seen any since. The downside was you could not take them off quietly (if that was important, haha).

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
        Apparently both John and Don are living in 2008...........
        Oops! I fixed that. I am old but not ready to go yet.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          Duck Tape is a brand name for duct tape. Google it. So I wasn't entirely wrong this time. <G>
          I know that, but then it would have been Duck Tape, not "duck tape".
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Say "Hello" to Doc Brown and Marty for me.
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I noticed those typos, but I was gentlemanly enough not to point them out. I knew what they meant to say.
              I guess that makes me a better person than you. Roflmao.
              "Gentleman Jerry".........I like that!
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

My research shows that the date should be closer to 2022 as long socks with shorts were officially outlawed by the Fashion Police in early 2023.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  I know that, but then it would have been Duck Tape, not "duck tape".
                  Ok Gary. You win. I went back and corrected the spelling in the original post. Do you feel better now?
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                    My research shows that the date should be closer to 2022 as long socks with shorts were officially outlawed by the Fashion Police in early 2023.

Bob
                    Who said I was wearing shorts?
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                      ...Makes me wonder whatever happened to velcro on shoes? I had a pair like that (the IN thing at the time for casual shoes) about 1985. Not sure I have seen any since. The downside was you could not take them off quietly (if that was important, haha).
                      SAS shoes (San Antonio Shoemakers). I bought my second pair of velco fastener shoes last summer. First pair I bought 10 years or so ago won't wear out so that leaves me with two pairs.
                      SAS is all American made with all American materials. They advertise that they are the world's most comfortable shoes and I can't dispute that. Plan on paying around $150 for them.
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                        SAS shoes (San Antonio Shoemakers). I bought my second pair of velco fastener shoes last summer. First pair I bought 10 years or so ago won't wear out so that leaves me with two pairs.
                        SAS is all American made with all American materials. They advertise that they are the world's most comfortable shoes and I can't dispute that. Plan on paying around $150 for them.
                        Some swear by 'Z-Coil' footwear, especially if they have to stand all day.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                          ...I think I'll wander out to the barn and crank up a couple of Studebakers & blast some hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.
                          ...Don't worry, be happy.
                          I will admit that we sometimes get a little silly with our antics on the forums. Not all of us take everything so serious and despite efforts to make everything as unoffensive and "vanilla" as possible, everyone here can't always hide their individualism. One thing for sure, we share a bond regarding our cars, and often even our silly posting reveal how much fun we have. And, even when we sometimes have a little "dust-up" I can't hold any ill will or malice toward anyone who has a Land Cruiser or even a loveable old Rokne. One problem with Internet-based communication, is that, in the absence of a pre-approved "script," it is often difficult to not bump into someone's sensitivities (trigger points?).

It is unfortunate that some find it difficult to be happy unless someone else is miserable, but let's face it...life is not fair, has never been fair, nor never will be fair. The best antidote to all of it Jerry summed up very well.

On the subject of being happy...after about six months of Studebaker inactivity...yesterday I managed to fire up two Studebakers that had sat so long I had to kill wasp and spiders nesting in various places, buy one new battery, and jump-start another. (The jump start car will also require a new battery) So...for now, I am happy 'bout the engines firing up.

I thought about being unhappy...but due to my tendency to procrastinate,... I postponed that. OH...I thought about using wire ties on my shoes too...but too CASO for such expense.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

[QUOTE=Jerry Forrester;
                            I'm living in 2028 while you meer mortals are stuck in 2018.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. I'm looking for a time machine to get back to 1958. Besides getting in at the IPO on Microsoft, I'd pick up some cool cars and bikes, slather them with Cosmoline and store them away.

And some other things that I won't mention on a public forum.

Comment

PolyKen tape is now my tape of choice. Gave up duct / duck tape over 15 years ago and haven't regretted it. We go through at least a case (24) rolls per month.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
                                I'm looking for a time machine to get back to 1958. Besides getting in at the IPO on Microsoft, I'd pick up some cool cars and bikes, slather them with Cosmoline and store them away.
                                Cosmoline certainly didn't help this '57 Plymouth, despite it being in a 'time machine': https://www.allpar.com/history/auto-...e-capsule.html

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X