Hunting anyone near Canton, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting anyone near Canton, MI

As anyone who saw my last post hunting for my great-grandad’s cars knows, he is not doing so hot thanks to old age and Parkinson’s. Some of you may even know Harry from past shows, cruises, or other events. He doesn’t get out a whole lot, doesn’t move around a whole lot either since he can’t drive and can’t walk much, but he is a whole mother person when talking about cars or he sees cool ones. I can’t really see him much, let alone see him with my Thunderbird, from down here in the Clay Belt, so I want to try and arraign something for him to get him out and about every now and then in something cool like he used to. The man has seen it all, drove a 1950 Dodge when he graduated high school in 1954, was a CB in the Navy for a few years in Guam and Alaska, then worked for GM until he retired. Between when he left the Navy and when he sold his last car, a 1960 Jaguar saloon, he has owned some of everything at some point.

Now to cut to the chase. Is there anyone willing to drive out to Canton, MI, and take him cruising for a bit? Looking particularly at Woodward Dream Cruise in August, but ideally some sort of weekly drive could be arraigned with a rotation of drivers to give him something to look forward to and make him light up every now and then. I talked with my great-grandmother, and she agrees with my idea. Any volunteers?

If I lived closer to your dad I would be happy to share some road cruise time. Please send me a PM with his name, address, and land line phone number. I wander over to that area, periodically, and might be able to connect. I could not do that on any regular basis.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
    X