My 63 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topper2011 View Post
    On my '62 Hawk, the seats mount to it. You've done a remarkable job on cleaning that car up Mitka. How did you repair the rust holes? Did you just make patch panels? What sort of primer did you use? My 62' have tin worm as well, hopefully not as bad as that 64.
    I did a fast patch job to keep the water out.. I might do it again later and make it look factory, but right now I want to have a nice driver and not a showcar I used Red Oxide paint (Lead based rust resistant stuff used a lot in industry) When it comes to rust I think I have been very lucky considering it was delivered new in NY! Just got the clock ticking https://mitka.co.uk/2018/08/10/servi...debaker-clock/

Comment

A quiet weekend and I thought the logos could do with a little fresh up.

The old inserts are very faded and some are missing.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo before.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1721837
      I remove the old plastic inserts. I take great care to remove all the old glue.

Name:	empty logo.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1721839
      I have gotten reflective vinyl stickers for outside use and cut out the pattern.

Name:	Cutting .jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1721838
      I'm pretty happy with that. not to mention the extra reflection at night

Name:	Front logo.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1721842
      Attached Files

Comment

A little update. My carpet finally arrived from the states.

I unpack the new carpet:

Name:	Carpet.jpg
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1723789
        Here is a reminder of what was left of the old carpet:

Name:	Old carpet.jpg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1723790
        I fit the sound isolating mats

Name:	Sound insolation.jpg
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	1723791
        Carpet in the car! Sorry for night photos, but carpet had to go in today

Name:	Carpet in car front.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	1723792Click image for larger version

Name:	Carpet in car.jpg
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1723794Click image for larger version

Name:	carpet and back seats.jpg
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1723793
        I'm sure a professional could fit it nicer than me, but I'm very happy with the result. Top marks to: https://www.automotiveinteriors.com as their carpet was well sown and fitted without any major issues.

Comment

Nice Carpet, I got mine from Automotive Interiors as well, and HIGHLY recommend them for GOOD fitting Carpet.

They were actually able to come up with all the Special pieces to fit a '64 Daytona 2 Dr. Hardtop with Bucket Seats, a Console AND a Power Shift! They really amazed me because they knew what I had and how to make it work.

This Daytona is not your average, easy to do, Bench Seat, 4 Door Sedan.

I would definitely get their Samples first though, in my case I wanted Medium Blue, that you could tell it was Blue, but not a bright Blue like their Ford Blue or a too Dark Black/Blue.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

They are superb!

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Nice Carpet, I got mine from Automotive Interiors as well, and HIGHLY recommend them for GOOD fitting Carpet.

They were actually able to come up with all the Special pieces to fit a '64 Daytona 2 Dr. Hardtop with Bucket Seats, a Console AND a Power Shift! They really amazed me because they knew what I had and how to make it work.

This Daytona is not your average, easy to do, Bench Seat, 4 Door Sedan.

I would definitely get their Samples first though, in my case I wanted Medium Blue, that you could tell it was Blue, but not a bright Blue like their Ford Blue or a too Dark Black/Blue.
            Last edited by mitka88; 09-25-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Did those sound insulating mats come with the carpeting? If so, wow! 😲

Comment

Did the car come from Hamburg, New York?
                Peter Bishop

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoHawk View Post
                  Did those sound insulating mats come with the carpeting? If so, wow! ������
                  See my post #3. Yes, the sound deadening mats come with the carpeting. Here's mine spread out in the sun before installing.

The only issue I had was that there was so little clearance between the bottom of the air conditioner evaporator and the top of the automatic transmission tunnel that I had to leave out a little of the sound deadener material immediately under the evaporator.

Name:	IMG_1876.jpg
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1723918

Name:	IMG_1879.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1723919

Name:	IMG_1894.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1723920
                  Bill L.
                  1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
                    Did the car come from Hamburg, New York?
                    No it came from West Nyarck NY.

Comment

A little modification is needed, but overall very good! I thinned the sound isolation material 50% under the centre console to be able to fit it.
                      Originally posted by 56GH View Post
                      See my post #3. Yes, the sound deadening mats come with the carpeting. Here's mine spread out in the sun before installing.

The only issue I had was that there was so little clearance between the bottom of the air conditioner evaporator and the top of the automatic transmission tunnel that I had to leave out a little of the sound deadener material immediately under the evaporator.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76025[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76026[/ATTACH]

Comment

Finaly

Finally got my plates! Car drives great Next I'm getting a set of new tires as the old ones are 35 years old and rock hard!

Name:	Studebaker 11.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1723975Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker 12.jpg
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1723976

Comment

Looks great! With a black plate in the rear (normal is yellow/black letters?), why type of registration/classification is the car under?

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                            Looks great! With a black plate in the rear (normal is yellow/black letters?), why type of registration/classification is the car under?
                            Vehicles built before 1975 and registered in the UK got white on black plates. Since that time, black on white on the front and black on yellow on the back, both reflectorized.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Got 5 new tyres today! 15-225-70 with 34mm white stripe. Feels a lot nicer now!

Name:	New tyres.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1724072

Comment

Name:	Lemania.jpg
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1724115
                                550 mile trip over the weekend. No issues and running great

Comment

Working...
                                X