Studebaker Horse Buggy for $300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Horse Buggy for $300

This is the cheapest I've seen any buggy, let alone a Studebaker.

somebody snag it!

Comment

WOW!...If this was within two or three hundred miles...I would have already made the phone call, verified some information, and if this is truly a Studebaker buggy...I would be on my way. However, at this stage in my life, other obligations, and distance, I just can't do it. But, if this is truly a Studebaker vehicle (and not just transplanted buggy steps) this should be a great deal for some collector!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

If it was just a matter of buying the the buggy that would be fine, but then if you don't already have a horse you'd have to get one of those too. That could create more problems than the buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
          If it was just a matter of buying the the buggy that would be fine, but then if you don't already have a horse you'd have to get one of those too. That could create more problems than the buggy.
          Not for me. I spent many years owning, riding, and caring for horses. I'm over that, but I still own saddles for the art work.

If I could fetch this buggy, & my wife would allow it, the buggy would be taken down & reassembled in my great room. I would make it into a TV watching seat. I would feel honored to have such a perch instead of an ordinary old couch or recliner!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Your idea sounds good John!

Comment

Snag it and add to a collection or donate to a museum. Or use it - after all, it's looks to be in good operating condition.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                Snag it and add to a collection or donate to a museum. Or use it - after all, it's looks to be in good operating condition.

Um... no. No it isn't presently usable. The whole vehicle looks pretty deteriorated. Also, I would examine those steps very carefully. It's a common trick to add them to an unbadged vehicle just to add sales value and desirability. Best place to check, although unlikely with such an inexpensive vehicle, is the base under the seat cushion. There should be a round button nailed to the seat frame by the regional distribution center. Often the button will be missing, however the impression will still be there. Again though, buggies were cheap vehicles and were often treated like wagons by the company. When it was striped out, the company logo would be painted along the bottom of the box. So when the first paint job went bad, or was removed for repainting, the logo went with it.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Time to act like it's 1852 and travel in the saddle because ol' Vanderbilt is up to laying track and I'm raring to go on the war path after him! In all seriousness, this does look like a decent enough wagon, even if it turns out it isn't actually a Studebaker.
                  Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I would love to have something like that, if I had a good horse. Unfortunately, we no longer have a place to keep a horse and, even if we did, the shots and vet exams required by law now are too much.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

It's about an hour and an a half drive from where I am. Sure looks tempting.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I could use those top bows on one of mine...

Comment

a small Allis Will pull it just like a horse!

Comment

This looks like a better deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                              I would make it into a TV watching seat. I would feel honored to have such a perch instead of an ordinary old couch or recliner!
                              For Bonanza reruns? Don't forget to add some bullet-holes in the walls of your Great Room if you proceed with it!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X