Thread: Car Transport Info

Speedster Member

Car Transport Info

I am having a hard time getting a car hauled from the Marple estate sale up in Minnesota delivered to Northern Ca. The car is not running, but can be rolled. It is hard to find haulers that will take a non-op car for obvious reasons. Does anyone know haulers that might be interested? Thank you.

Mike
    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Speedster Member
    I've had no luck there with numerous haulers...Bill's, Racinman, BenD, etc.

President Member
    You might research to identify a trucker who transports CA goods to MN. They like to have a load both ways. Are there any RV manufacturers in your area that haul to MN?

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Justin, the problem is that you live in California. Seriously. California's commercial transportation laws are so strict that few guys want to bid on hauls going into California.

If you have a friend just over the border in another state, you'd be surprised to see how many bids you'd get to take it just that far....so long as the hauler doesn't have to enter California. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Speedster Member
    Bob, You are exactly correct. Regulations and the cost of diesel discourage drivers to deal with the extra hassle to come here. Nevada is not that far from here. I can try to get a quote to Reno.

Silver Hawk Member
    Justin, did you have any help with my friend Dave?
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

A lot of haulers don't want to go very far off of an Interstate to pick up or drop off a vehicle. I had to hire a local transport to haul 3 cars to a location near an interstate to even get a quote.
    1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderations View Post
    A lot of haulers don't want to go very far off of an Interstate to pick up or drop off a vehicle. I had to hire a local transport to haul 3 cars to a location near an interstate to even get a quote.
    I am only about seven miles off a major Interstate. For one Studebaker that I shipped, the shipper pulled into a WalMart parking lot at the Interstate exit and hired a local towing company to use a flatbed to haul my (running) car to his semi. It is not that my home is that hard to get to. I have had other transporters, even with a large sleeper cab and a 53 foot enclosed semi-trailer pull up to my driveway.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Speedster Member
    Bob, Dave has not called me back. However, I did find someone to bring it to me. I'm only about 15 miles off of Interstate 80, and wouldn't mind meeting him if necessary. problem solved. Thank you, forum.