Thread: Sad Ebay Studebaker listings

President Member

Sad Ebay Studebaker listings

OK I haven't trolled Ebay Motors for some time now. What has happened to our Studebaker listings which now seem to be crammed with Mustang II IFS listings galore? It is almost impossible to find that Studebaker gem we all seek. This is pretty sad times for those of us who are die-hard Studebaker enthusiasts. I gave up after 10 pages of mostly the same ads. Any suggestions for a better source to search or are we now doomed?
    Bill

In your search, you can exclude items by using the minus sign. Example
    “Studebaker tail lights -(mustang, ifs, watches, watch)”

Just add exclusions between the () separated by a coma.

President Member
    go to the{ advanced} search page upper right hand corner of main page and exclude words from your search. {gates rat rod ifs fits watch} and whatever else you can think of that you don't want to see. Makes searching bearable. cheers jimmijim
    Anything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Silver Hawk Member
    "- fits" will eliminate about 75% of the extraneous listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    "- fits" will eliminate about 75% of the extraneous listings.
    This (and a few more characters so it will take my response)

AMAZING, how EVERYTHING "Fits" Studebakers, Antennas, Mirrors, Catalytic Converters, NOX Sensors you name it.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-10-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

President Member Stude Shoo-wop!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've found better luck with a free website (for us CASOs) called AutoTempest. It compiles all relevant Craigslist ads and Ebay onto one convenient page. Yes, these ads are actually accurate and not just duplicate/spam ads that Jim-Bob hoped to "bait anobber sucka wit'".

LINK: https://www.autotempest.com/
    Jake Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - completely finished in driveable condition.

eBay is sad compared to what it once was. I used to look at Studebaker parts listings almost every day. Now I look at eBay parts listings only if I am bored. I also have not sold anything on eBay in a long time.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

You'd think Studebaker ruled the world the way millions of ads say "also fits Studebaker".

I do the same thing as in #2, and it at least makes searching Studebaker parts bearable.

Commander Member
    But you shouldn't need to do that. I gave up on ebay years ago when they made it almost impossible to make a simple search. I made a search the other day just for kicks for a "Rambler American" . I got lots of other listings back because "American" was somewhere else in the listing having nothing to do with a "Rambler American" . The site is a mess.

In your search, you can exclude items by using the minus sign. Example

“Studebaker tail lights -(mustang, ifs, watches, watch)”

Just add exclusions between the () separated by a coma.

Speedster Member
    To filter out 85% of the "Feebay" nonsense I select "Used" from the menu on the left since there are technically no new Studebaker parts. Even competent NOS sellers will check the used box when listing so no worries excluding these listings from your search. Besides ignoring what's left over in the "New" category I also ignore the 'Not Specified" category since these items are assumed new as well but purposefully not listed as such by deceitful sellers attempting to evade the a fore mentioned filtering strategy. This method reduces hours of searching down to minutes.