New Kentucky Regional Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kentucky Regional Manager

SDC President Tom Curtis has confirmed the appointment of Matt Frushour of Owensboro KY as Regional Manager for Kentucky.

Stu Chapman
    Elections Coordinator

Hi Matt, and welcome aboard!
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Wow, they have not had a regional manager for a long time (if ever). Congrats Matt.
      sigpic
      55 President Deluxe
      64 Commander
      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

In the 5 years I lived in Kentucky I do not believe there was an active chapter there.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
          In the 5 years I lived in Kentucky I do not believe there was an active chapter there.
          When I moved to the bluegrass in 2014, I was told all the clubs in the area were out of state - was kind of spoiled living in PA... Been looking through some old TW and there was a Kentuckiana Chapter back as late as the early '90s, and the address for the club was right here in Lawrenceburg...go figure.

Anyone know what the regional manager does?

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
            There is more reason to have a Regional Manager in an area that does not have SDC Chapters than in an area like NYS that has approx. 11 chapters.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
              When I moved to the bluegrass in 2014, I was told all the clubs in the area were out of state - was kind of spoiled living in PA... Been looking through some old TW and there was a Kentuckiana Chapter back as late as the early '90s, and the address for the club was right here in Lawrenceburg...go figure.

The official duties are written up in Turning Wheels each time candidates are solicited. I will leave it to you to look it up. The way that I see the main duties are to act as an interface between members and the SDC International where there are not Chapters and to help to form Chapters as needed.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Hi Matt! Congratulations and best wishes!

Bill Jarvis, Regional Manager
                Atlantic Provinces and Québec
                Bill Jarvis

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post

Herb Phillips is over in Waddy, not far from you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    The official duties are written up in Turning Wheels each time candidates are solicited. I will leave it to you to look it up. The way that I see the main duties are to act as an interface between members and the SDC International where there are not Chapters and to help to form Chapters as needed.
                    Thank you Gary. As a matter of fact, if members would read the President's message in the current July issue of Turning Wheels, all the points raised would be answered.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Yesterday afternoon at our quarterly SDC Board Meeting, we launched a project to clean up the definitions of Region Manager, & Zone Coordinator. We will have the new job descriptions ready for a board vote in late August in Tacoma, Wa. Meanwhile, suffice it to say Region Managers will focus on MEMBERSHIP. Zone Coordinators will Focus on support and assistance to our SDC Chapters. We are going to make it VERY EASY to understand the difference. Thank you for your patience, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Curtis View Post
                        Yesterday afternoon at our quarterly SDC Board Meeting, we launched a project to clean up the definitions of Region Manager, & Zone Coordinator. We will have the new job descriptions ready for a board vote in late August in Tacoma, Wa. Meanwhile, suffice it to say Region Managers will focus on MEMBERSHIP. Zone Coordinators will Focus on support and assistance to our SDC Chapters. We are going to make it VERY EASY to understand the difference. Thank you for your patience, Tom
                        I remember making the new job title as Regional Manager, not "Region Manager". Has it been changed?

How about "support and assistance" to SDC members that are not in a chapter or even reside near a chapter or is that what you mean by "MEMBERSHIP" and not just the duties of trying to maintain and increase membership. I thought that the Regional Manager, not the Zone Coordinator, had that duty.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                        X