No announcement yet.

GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go to a Sinclair station and get a free paper map..
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      Just go to a Sinclair station and get a free paper map..
      How many years ago was that!!?!!

I haven't seen a FREE roadmap at a gas station for over 40 years!

Craig

Comment

Just take a grandkid. They likely have the cellphone - and know how to use it.
        '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
          I remember reading (may have the details wrong) that the Census Bureau needed to rerun some of the data from the 1930 Census, which were stored on IBM punch cards, and had no reader for the format used on those cards. They ended up borrowing a punch card reader from the Smithsonian Institution and sent it off to IBM, which refurbished it for free (they still had the blueprints and instruction manuals). It's now back in the Smithsonian, ready for use again if needed.
          It doesn't seem that long ago . In the 1960s-early 1970s, I was using punch cards and a reader to analyze experiments at IBM.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            It doesn't seem that long ago . In the 1960s-early 1970s, I was using punch cards and a reader to analyze experiments at IBM.
            Yes, me too. My office employed a woman who spent 8 hours every day entering data onto punch cards so that they could be analyzed on the room-sized IBM computers of the day. At the time, that was considered to be a good job for those without a college degree.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              Yup!! Learned to program in Fortran IV on those IBM beauties. Punch cards and tape both. Bob

Comment

I wish there were this many responses when someone asks a technical question.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                  I wish there were this many responses when someone asks a technical question.
                  You don't need a lot of responses to a technical question. You just need one correct answer.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, there's almost always one correct answer to every tech question posted on this forum. The problem is, finding it when it's hidden in amongst the 50 or so INCORRECT answers.
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                      Gary, there's almost always one correct answer to every tech question posted on this forum. The problem is, finding it when it's hidden in amongst the 50 or so INCORRECT answers.
                      Jerry nails it. LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X