I'm back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!

Well, you you saw the title, and it's true, I really am back! It feels like it's been ages since I last posted but here goes one just to get the ball rolling again. I stopped by my local FCA dealership on a whim with my Dad after work today to take a look at their Fiats and Alfa-Romeos. We specifically took a look at the 4C (a lithe and low sports car that is very much Lotus-y in its design philosophy) and the Giulia sedan (both standard and Quadrifolgio versions) and were very impressed by their overall feel. Despite what the Internet says about FCA products in general, I truly believe these two cars deserve to do well in the marketplace. For me, these Alfas would certainly be better than a Deutsche-mobile that makes me feel like a shriveled-up tax attorney. The only thing is this: is the general public willing to give them a chance? Only time will tell, I guess.

Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 07-01-2018, 04:59 AM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

I'm willing to give them a chance, but first I need to hit the lotto for a few million. They are great looking cars.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Well, I'm glad you are back and still car crazed and asking interesting questions! I've seen the Alfas and they are beautiful. but never driven one. That said, the auto mags rave about the high end (read HP) models and say the others are average..most criticize the interiors for looking cheap, which is the impression I got when I saw my first Alfa Giulia. Consumers reports has very little good to say about them and their reliability on American roads (always an Alfa failure) is suspect. Deserving, probably yes, because they are stunning to look at, but with reliability issues and parts availability on such a low volume vehicle, I think they have a tough road in the USA. Bob (weird placement of start/stop button)

Comment

My wife and I have talked about the Giulia for some time. We both love the look of it and keep telling ourselves to go take a test drive. Last time we did that we came home with the car so we are putting it off for another year when our Lease is up on our Subaru, then we will start checking them out in detail.

Im looking forward to it tho and will probably Lease it. That being said, there are a lot of GREAT 4 doors on the market right now.
        Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

My wife and I were talking just yesterday about the Giulia...just stunning. We're in good shape for cars right now, but I would test drive one in a hot minute should the need for another modern car arise. In the meantime, I want another Stude first...I have an idea I want to try with one. Hehehe.
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Sorry, but I didn't notice that you were gone .
            I like the looks of the large model and it got good reviews in car magazines, but I wouldn't consider one because there are no dealerships in this area.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but I didn't notice that you were gone .
            I like the looks of the large model and it got good reviews in car magazines, but I wouldn't consider one because there are no dealerships in this area.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You made me have a look at the price of this car.
              In France, they start at 27750€.
              If I could afford to buy one, then I would hit the buy button, but only for the real Mc Coy.

Nice day to all.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, Christophe... You're just like me, I've had -73 1300 GTJ, -69 GTV 1750 & -61 Giulietta Sprint (racer, gee that one was FAST!) but I always wanted one of those Giulietta sedans!
                Allready in the early 80's they were to expensive here...

Comment

If I win the lottery, this little Alfa is on my hit-list...

Subscribe: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToTopGear Chris Harris drives the Alfaholics GTA-R 290 and puts it through its paces.Welcome to the most comprehensive col...

and, well Chris Harris ...gotta love his reporting. cheers, junior
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    If I win the lottery, this little Alfa is on my hit-list...

Subscribe: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToTopGear Chris Harris drives the Alfaholics GTA-R 290 and puts it through its paces.Welcome to the most comprehensive col...

and, well Chris Harris ...gotta love his reporting. cheers, junior
                    Okay for racing use, but one right hand drive vehicle was enough for me (in the USA).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ah Junior, that's about the same as the two newer I had, the "only" difference is aluminum body...
                      GTJ = junior, smallest engine
                      GTV = Veloce, bigger engines
                      GTA = Aluminum body
                      Quite modified one in the reportage thou.

Comment

Working...
                      X