No announcement yet.

Looking for some VERY specific cars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some VERY specific cars...

I am looking for either of the vehicles here. One is a 1947 Canadian Mercury. I don’t remember much about it, or have much information beyond the photos, the fact that it was sold or traded in the mid 2000’s either in Southern Michigan or at Hershey, PA. The owner at the time was Harry Tubbs, my great-grandfather. He owned that car for at least 10 years before that and it was one of his favorites. The other I don’t have photos of, but it was a two tone blue 1955 Oldsmobile. He happened to have a copy of an old title for the car that is all the information I have on it, beyond it was a car he greatly regretted selling. He is 83, and between Parkinson’s and other problems he can’t drive. His health isn’t all that great, so I would like to try and track down one of these cars and arraign things with the current owner so he could see one again and possibly go for a ride in it. Any help would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It might be worthwhile to post something on the HAMB. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

Comment

I posted there as well. Trying to get as much exposure in my search by going across multiple forums.

Comment

I wish him luck on his search. It is like a needle in a haystack, but possible. At this point, I believe that if you could get a blue 1955 Oldsmobile or a red 1947 Mercury coupe, that it would be sufficient for the purpose.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It would, but I want to try to find the exact one if possible

Comment

It’s not that easy on the Merc- because in Canada we had the Merc 114- all mercury trim but on the 114 inch ford frame and wheelbase- regular mercury’s had 118 inch wheelbase.
            Evan Davis
            Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
              It’s not that easy on the Merc- because in Canada we had the Merc 114- all mercury trim but on the 114 inch ford frame and wheelbase- regular mercury’s had 118 inch wheelbase.
              I suspect since he was always quick to make the Canadian distinction, it has the short wheelbase. Should be an interesting search

Comment

Working...
              X