2018 Back To The 50's -- The Studebakers I saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Back To The 50's -- The Studebakers I saw

Found 42 Studes on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds today.

I'll be headed back tomorrow to see how many more I can get a picture of.

Nice bunch of quality photos! Thanks for sharing them. One thing that I noticed, is the lack of front bumpers on the modified cars, and trucks. The owners must think that they look too "clunky", for lack of a better word. Even some of the cars with bumpers, have tightened them up close to the body. You see this on some of the TV , hot rod builder, programs. It must be a fad, that caught on. Just an observation. For me personally, I like the looks of a front bumper, especially on trucks. All of the cars look great, and it's nice to see them out for others to enjoy.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Saw a Lark hardtop behind the EMF trailer by the north entrance on my way out.
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

great bunch of photos! thanks for sharing!

Comment

I added a few more from yesterday. Heading back over now for the swap meet.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures! It was nice seeing that my car made it into your photos. I have the gold 1964 Wagonaire Commander with the retractable roof and the TV in the back playing the Studebaker commercial.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Borderstaff View Post
                Thanks for posting the pictures! It was nice seeing that my car made it into your photos. I have the gold 1964 Wagonaire Commander with the retractable roof and the TV in the back playing the Studebaker commercial.
                I really enjoy watching people look at the TV and try to figure out how it's just sitting there playing a TV commercial. It's really clever!

Comment

Great collection, thanks for sharing.
                  Bill

Comment

My great-grandfather has been long dead since 1984, however he owned many great cars back in the day, including the first car he bought when he came to America: this 1950 Studebaker Commander Starlight Sedan suicide doors included.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cool a"negative" car of mine... '53 Champion "K" with the Lombard Green body & Chippewa Green roof as opposed to mine that is Chippewa Green body and Lombard Green roof. Not a common combo seen. I think Nick H. aka 61Lark's grandpa had a Commander that combo if I recall????

Thanks for posting these Bob, someday I need to get my '53 running again AND get it back down to BTTFs. Its been now 8yrs since I was last there.

Jeff in ND

Comment

From 2010:

P6180034 by Bob W, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Borderstaff View Post
                          Ginger....are you still driving that ol thing? I'm glad you are still an enthusiast. We may make it out to the 50's show someday.

Bill
                          Bill Foy
                          1000 Islands, Ontario
                          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
                          X