1962 Hawk Temperature Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 1962 Hawk Temperature Gauge

When I turn on the ignition key the temp gauge pegs to the right...240 degrees plus does that indicate a short in the wiring or something else? Chet445

You have a ground somewhere. Disconnect the wire to the temperature sender. If the problem vanishes, the sender is the culprit. If not, you have to check the wire for any insulation missing.
    Best of luck and nice day to all.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Chet445

I had exactly the same behaviour (turning of the ignition key made the temperature needle move to the far right (240 degrees). It was a ground. Instead of only one nut behind the left and right stud of the temperature gauge, I had two on each side. So I removed those and cleaned a bit and all of a sudden the gauge worked as it should. And there was a nut behind the top stud of the temperature gauge, that I needed to remove which probable caused the ground.

I started with measuring the resistance of the temperature gauge. The temperature gauge should have around 240 Ohm of resistance, if you check this with a multimeter. Teperature sender should have a resistance of around 0.878 Ohm.

Best regards

Rudy
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X