Thread: Indpls Motor Speedway adds dirt-track race

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)

Indpls Motor Speedway adds dirt-track race

The more things change, the more they stay the same:

https://www.ibj.com/articles/69286-i...ign=2018-06-19
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Cool! Too bad they cannot bring back the sixteenth street speedway!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Speedster Member
    Dying gasp's from a dying sport. stupak

President Member
    I did a quick search, and did not find anyplace easily on the Forum that discussed the possible sale of NASCAR by the France Family. One of the first venues to be dropped by a new owner would likely be the Brickyard, as your article points out the plummeting attendance the past few years. I was there in 2014, and was shocked at what a ghost town the Brickyard 400 was then. I don't think anything simple is going to revive a NASCAR that has abandoned it's base, distanced itself from the hearty manufacturer's rivalry that got it started, and continues to do nothing but pass silly rules and regulations, and endorse causes and projects that have nothing to do with why people follow it.

My take, IMS is doing this to keep local fans coming to a summer venue. I go to the Indy 500. There's more than 5000 cars in Lot 1B. Shooting to fill a 5000 seat venue on the grounds is simply an attempt to keep a foot in the door.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/n...v1f3zj6u1ra300

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    That's pretty interesting, Kevin. I hadn't heard of it...but where there's smoke, there's usually fire. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Dying gasp's from a dying sport.
    Oh, really? Do tell.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobPalma View Post
    That's pretty interesting, Kevin. I hadn't heard of it...but where there's smoke, there's usually fire. BP
    Not to mention, IMS would not be one of the tracks the new NASCAR owners would own.....