Aussies Note: $1,000,000 Falcon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussies Note: $1,000,000 Falcon!

Has the fact that Australia is no longer making cars helped the prices of those extant to rise?

Wow! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

How cool it would be to see one of those at MCACN, along with some of the other (once) Big Three's 'Down Undda' muscle car offerings!

One of the most interesting and desirable is their 1978 Falcon XC Cobra which made our concurrent Mustang II 'King Cobra' look real ugly with those 5-mph bumpers and perform like a Pinto, upon which they were based. I suspect a 1978 XC Cobra, of which only 400 were made will be the next 1M AUD car.

Craig

Comment

$1,000,000 - and it's a four door!

I assume all 4 Dr. 66-69, 4 dr. Falcons on Craigslist that were sub $1,000 will now be asking $20,000 for a rough version to clone.

This might be of interest (fake Falcon XW-GT):
      https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2012/06/12/australian-couple-ordered-to-repay-108000-for-selling-fake-ford-falcon-xw-gt/

Last edited by wittsend; 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM.
      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

More doors. So what. Yep Someone was sitting and waiting on this guy. Happy Seller
        My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
        sigpic
        Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
        in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Studeous View Post
          More doors. So what. ...
          Typically 4 dr. version of any desired car typically sell for less than 50% and often times closer to 25% of what a two door version will. And 4 dr. cars are typically not seen as "Performance Cars." Thus why I said, "$1,000,000 - and it's four door." Me I have nothing against most 4 dr. cars. I own a number of then because they have the same general shape as the 2 dr. version but I'm able to buy them for significantly less.
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I've always been jealous of the Europeans who throughout automotive history have been able to enjoy special cars that we couldn't. The 78 Falcon XC Cobra is a perfect example.

Comment

Bob, the GTHO's actually hit 1 Mill mark about 8 years ago just before the economy crash. But dropped off after the crash, now they are building back up to it and will keep going, supply and demand.
              They are limited production of 300 only and they change hands amongst collectors without even being advertised, a bit like Hemi Cuda's. An ex race car changed hands four months ago for more than a mill, not even being advertised.
              The Lloyds auction group are making a name for themselves selling big dollar muscle cars, a bit like Mecum.
              I use to have the Falcons back in the day (late 70's to mid 80's) when they were worth 8-10K, of course you could probably buy a hemi Cuda for that back then too!
              They were in the day the fastest four door production car in the world, 144 mph. A great engine the 351 big port Cleveland!
              Brian Greenall
              Melbourne, OZ
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X