Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know the History of my 1950 Land Cruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know the History of my 1950 Land Cruiser?

I'll tell all I know and hope someone in the eastern states can fill in some history of the car.
    It's my 1950 Black Land Cruiser sent by rail on 9-26-49 to Georgetown, Delaware.
    It has Virginia and Pennsylvania stickers on the windows and bumper.
    Erwin B. Davis & Company from Richlands, VA sold it to South Bend Chocolate Co. on 3-18-16.
    The chocolate company sold raffle tickets for just over a year, and gave it to the winner last spring.
    The winner sold it to me last fall.
    I'm wondering how many owners it had and where it spent it's life?
    I'm also hoping the history can explain the missing LAND and mounting holes on the left front fender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1758060 Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	1758061 Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1758062 Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1758063

I am wondering if it is the black 1950 Land Cruiser that Harry Crosson owned for many years in Pennsylvania. I never knew what happened to his car upon his death many years ago.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Gary.
      I did Google Erwin B. Davis & Company from Richlands, VA last night and found out they are not a car flipper outfit, as I had assumed.
      I'll try calling Erwin on Monday and hope he can help fill in some of the history.

Comment

I called Ervin this morning and asked him if he had a couple minutes to talk about the history of my Land Cruiser. After being on the phone for an hour I did manage to get a couple words in. LOL
        Ervin said he removed the left horn because it didn't work. He also mentioned the paint was getting thin when he sold it. Ervin is a Studebaker fan and has several others.
        He also said he owned the car from 2011 until he sold it in 2016 to the South Bend Chocolate Company.
        Ervin said he bought the car from Earl S. Shrewsbery, and Earl bought the car in 2005.
        Ervin said the car spent time in the Washington D.C. area.
        I still have a lot of years to fill in.

Comment

Working...
        X