Attached Files
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Bill, I think this should go in your collection. The ultimate winter vehicle.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Is this really an original Wiesel cab...or a zip van adaptation?
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I have an original weasel and it certainly is not the original open cab design. It sure looks like it was done from a Zip Van.
        Any more info?
        Bill

Comment

There's no dogleg under the windshield like on the Zip Van. Perhaps a special Arctic version?
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
            There's no dogleg under the windshield like on the Zip Van. Perhaps a special Arctic version?
            I know that covered, civilian Weasels such as this do exist. I would think a previous owner (most likely an institution) made some modifications to one as they saw fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1721081
            Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 06-14-2018, 01:25 PM.
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

After a little internet searching, I believe I have found the answer to the cab. It looks a lot like this one. Set this utility parcel delivery body off its frame...cut off the rusty bottom several inches, shorten it to fit, and cobble it onto the Weasel. This pic was labeled as a Grumman Kabmaster (probably late 1950's or early '70's) Companies that built such bodies would sell them to other manufacturers who would place them on their own truck chassis, similar to RV builders.

John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I think you boys are barking up the wrong tree, there was a company in delaware that made enclosures for weasels.

Comment

Originally posted by lugamatic View Post
                  I think you boys are barking up the wrong tree, there was a company in delaware that made enclosures for weasels.
                  Yep
                  The manufacturer of the weasel conversion was covered here in the past.
                  I am terrible at search function so will not even try to find it.
                  South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Dang.
                    I think I found it.
                    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                    X