Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How brave are you, how deep are your pockets, how loving is your wife???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't we discussed this car (or at least an Avanti with those wheels) before?

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
      Hi, Bill,

Different cars. The Olds 425" was also a SoCal car, featured in the Hot Rod Magazine Engine Swapping Annual.

jack vines
      Jack,as I recall,I have seen a picture of that engine transplant,and an R-4 engine came out of that Avanti before the Olds 425 went it.Love to know the back-story on how the R-4 ended up in the Avanti initially....

Comment

If you're wondering what he's expecting on the final sale end of the bidding from ebay, this car just showed up on craigslist in Los Angeles for $8000.
        Good luck on the low ball bidding.

sals54

Comment

To A Fan. The car in the article was R3786 belonging to Bob Patton, who lived at the time in Burbank and was the President of the local chapter of the AOIA. He worked as a camera man for Disney and did car comercials on the side. He was good friends with Ray Cash. Bob didn't like the power of the R1 4 speed and Cash built and installed the R4 in his Burbank shop. By the time of the article in the Peterson's Engine Swapping Manuel, Cash was working at Herbert and Meeks, that is where the Old's swap was done.

Comment

That's a great looking Avanti to me. I haven't seen a rust free original chassis like that in decades. If it were in Canada at $9000 Canadian dollars I'd be on my way to look at it!

Comment

Full documentation, except we won't tell you anything about it.

Still, if one needed a fun project, that's a heckuva good starting point for $8K. Just imagine how well an Avanti won't hook with 550 lbs/ft of torque.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                To A Fan. The car in the article was R3786 belonging to Bob Patton, who lived at the time in Burbank and was the President of the local chapter of the AOIA. He worked as a camera man for Disney and did car comercials on the side. He was good friends with Ray Cash. Bob didn't like the power of the R1 4 speed and Cash built and installed the R4 in his Burbank shop. By the time of the article in the Peterson's Engine Swapping Manuel, Cash was working at Herbert and Meeks, that is where the Old's swap was done.
                Thanks,Alan-always wondered what the story was with that car!

Comment

Just think, if you bought it now you could have it ready for the International meet in Tacoma.
                  Don Watson
                  61 Hawk

Comment

Sold for $7,490 to the guy that built the 472 Avanti for Andy Granatelli.

Best Regards,

Dennis Goddard

Dennis Buys Classic Cars and Motorcycles
                    8931 Venice Blvd.
                    Los Angeles, CA. 90034

Comment

He's senior member and a regular contributor; along soon with photos and clarification of the above. Turns out, much of what is out there/on here about the Granatelli Avanti/Cadillac is incorrect or only partially correct.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                      X