Oregon/Washington Studebaker events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon/Washington Studebaker events?

I'm planning a trip thru Oregon/Washington the last two weeks of June/ first week of July.....can you recommend any events, etc. that might be of interest to a Studebaker/Packard/AMC nut?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Lou, are you also coming up for the International Meet?

Some Stude. places to go/see may or may not be available BEFORE the Meet is why I asked.

Are you planning to go farther North than Seattle/Tacoma?
    I am sure you know there is a LOT more up here North and Northeast of there, SeaTac is barely over the South Border.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, plan on returning for the event in Tacoma....don't know much about the area (except for basic training at Fort Lewis.....rained so much I thought I was in the Navy).
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

You could pick up the 66 Datona and we'll store it for you till the nats.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1270.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1721067Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1269.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1721068
        I would try to make the Pacific Northwest Historics at Pacific Raceways in Kent june 29-July 2nd. The races (look on youtube) are a benifit for Children's Hospital in Seattle. There is a Studebaker Lark road race car that ususally shows
        Last edited by doublefeature56; 06-13-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

The All Studebaker picnic at The Mud Mountain Dam Park outside of Enumclaw, Washington is on July 14th. Always a good turnout and always good food! I haven’t missed it in several years, and will be there again this year. Give it a try!
          1950 Commander Land Cruiser
          1951 Champion Business Coupe
          1951 Commander Starlight
          1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
          1953 Champion Starlight
          1953 Commander Starliner
          1953 2R5
          1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
          1957 Silver Hawk
          1957 3E5 Pick-Up
          1959 Silver Hawk
          1961 Hawk
          1962 Cruiser 4 speed
          1963 Daytona Convertible
          1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
          1965 Cruiser
          1970 Avanti

Comment

Just along I-5 in Wilsonville, Oregon is the World of Speed Museum. I believe they still have Dave Bloomberg's (Avanti Kid) Bonneville Avanti on display. This car went 216 mph at Bonneville. Great car. Worth stopping for a look.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

If you are in Oregon on June 16, the North West SDC is having their Orphan Car Show in Oregon City. Check their website for details. There's also a list of MW shows at http://www.northwestclassicautomall.com/CruiseNews.html
              The Brooks Or show usually has a decent showing of Studebakers and there are several museums on site well worth seeing.

Comment

Lou here's a good link to general car events:http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html

It won't be as specific as you might want, but I use it. I have friends who are AMC/Studebaker folks, but don't want to publish their names without permission. I have been told that the AMC club is inactive. The Classics are a big part of what we do up here, which includes Packard, but post war ownership is less well defined.

If you were here for basic training you would have been guaranteed rain in the months of Nov-Jan. That's when we get half of out 37" rainfall total. In July- early Sept. the area is as dry as Stockton, but not nearly as beastly hot.

Comment

Working...
                X