Thread: Oregon/Washington Studebaker events?

Oregon/Washington Studebaker events?

I'm planning a trip thru Oregon/Washington the last two weeks of June/ first week of July.....can you recommend any events, etc. that might be of interest to a Studebaker/Packard/AMC nut?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Lou, are you also coming up for the International Meet?

Some Stude. places to go/see may or may not be available BEFORE the Meet is why I asked.

Are you planning to go farther North than Seattle/Tacoma?
    I am sure you know there is a LOT more up here North and Northeast of there, SeaTac is barely over the South Border.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Yes, plan on returning for the event in Tacoma....don't know much about the area (except for basic training at Fort Lewis.....rained so much I thought I was in the Navy).
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Commander Member
    You could pick up the 66 Datona and we'll store it for you till the nats.DSCF1270.jpgDSCF1269.jpg
    I would try to make the Pacific Northwest Historics at Pacific Raceways in Kent june 29-July 2nd. The races (look on youtube) are a benifit for Children's Hospital in Seattle. There is a Studebaker Lark road race car that ususally shows
    Last edited by doublefeature56; 06-13-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Speedster Member
    The All Studebaker picnic at The Mud Mountain Dam Park outside of Enumclaw, Washington is on July 14th. Always a good turnout and always good food! I haven’t missed it in several years, and will be there again this year. Give it a try!
    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1970 Avanti

President Member Commander Eddie's Avatar
    Just along I-5 in Wilsonville, Oregon is the World of Speed Museum. I believe they still have Dave Bloomberg's (Avanti Kid) Bonneville Avanti on display. This car went 216 mph at Bonneville. Great car. Worth stopping for a look.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

If you are in Oregon on June 16, the North West SDC is having their Orphan Car Show in Oregon City. Check their website for details. There's also a list of MW shows at http://www.northwestclassicautomall.com/CruiseNews.html
    The Brooks Or show usually has a decent showing of Studebakers and there are several museums on site well worth seeing.

President Member
    Lou here's a good link to general car events:http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html

It won't be as specific as you might want, but I use it. I have friends who are AMC/Studebaker folks, but don't want to publish their names without permission. I have been told that the AMC club is inactive. The Classics are a big part of what we do up here, which includes Packard, but post war ownership is less well defined.

If you were here for basic training you would have been guaranteed rain in the months of Nov-Jan. That's when we get half of out 37" rainfall total. In July- early Sept. the area is as dry as Stockton, but not nearly as beastly hot.