X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a favor...

Mistake mistake mistake do not read mistake mistake mistake
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 09-02-2019, 07:40 AM. Reason: Mistake
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Jake,
    I enjoyed your video. I don't know who will see it but I hope it inspires more folks, especially youngsters like yourself, to acquire and drive a Studebaker. The more they are seen on the road the more interest I am sure they will garner.
    Keep it up. I am not quite sure what your concern was in your post. I see nothing wrong here.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Nice video. cheers jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

One of the topics discussed in other posts is the age of Studebaker club members. Sadly, we aint gettin' any younger. Jake is the future of this club if we want to bring in new, younger members to keep the legacy alive. Educational videos and other content will help ensure that these cars and the history around them are not forgotten, and instead evolve into a format for younger generations.

Jake is NOT the ONLY way to keep this club alive, but he is taking a big step in the right direction.

I suggest that we all watch his youtube video and pitch in to keep his enthusiasm going so he can help promote the club. Please donate to him on his Patreon page.

Patreon is empowering a new generation of creators. Support and engage with artists and creators as they live out their passions!

Well done Jake!

Comment

Patreon?? Know NOTHING about this, and have not heard of it.
          Most of us oldtimers will probably have no clue what this is, or exactly WHAT is going on here if they are like me.

I get nothing, Nada, NO Video, do I have to Join, Pay up $1 to 2000.00 or what?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Patreon?? Know NOTHING about this, and have not heard of it.
            Most of us oldtimers will probably have no clue what this is, or exactly WHAT is going on here if they are like me.

I get nothing, Nada, NO Video, do I have to Join, Pay up $1 to 2000.00 or what?
            Like most websites, this one has an "About" section that describes the site. It may help to read that page to understand what Patreon is all about. From there, you can decide if you want to support Jake on his page.
            Here is a link to the about page, which includes a video to describe what Patreon is all about.

Comment

Hey Rich, just click on the link provided in Jake's post here. When it comes up, scroll down to the picture of Jake with his GT Hawk and click on the picture.

ENJOY!!
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

OK Cool, I got the Video now, what happened is, you have to WAIT for all of Jake's Posts to finally Load, and at the very bottom there is a very tiny Link there to the Video, I just ignored this Patreon Page whatever that is.

A very good, informative Video. Good Job, but like Gary L. usually does, I have to have SOME suggestion for improvement.

Next time you are mentioning full Wheel Covers, do not call them "Hubcaps"!
                This correction indeed is Petty, because so many "Car" people do misrepresent these. Which is very telling as to the High Quality of this presentation since it is the ONLY one!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                  Jake, I am not quite sure what your concern was in your post. I see nothing wrong here.
                  Eddie,

Thanks for the positive words. The reason why I was nervous about posting this was due to the nature of Patreon. Essentially, I am asking for money to take care of needed expenses on my car that my job does not provide for. Asking for money and CASO mentalities do not necessarily mix.
                  Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Great video!!! Thanks for sharing.
                    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Patreon is just a way for creative artists like Jake who is very good at presentation as one example to get financial support to continue to create. I'd like to see Jake do more presentations on Studebakers so I donated $10.00. That's what Patreon is.

Comment

Nicely done! Good to know the car is from our current home town of Sacramento. I'll keep the reference to share.
                        Perry
                        \'50 Business Champion
                        \'50 Starlight Champion
                        \'60 Lark Convertible,
                        \'63 GT R1,
                        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Jake,

I watched the videos(s) and also all the comments of this thread. I am seriously conflicted by this and I will tell you why. It appears there is a conflict of interest with SDC and your purpose. If you read on the Forums home page in the about "
                          The purpose of the Studebaker Drivers Club (SDC) was, and continues to be, to honor the Studebaker automobile and all of the Studebaker-related products" That is why we have a club and charge a membership fee.

On the Forum, it is not a requirement at the present time to be a member of SDC. Our membership is approximately 12,500 people in SDC and also composed of many chapters. The local chapters are the heart and strength of our club. Our chapter in March recently put on a car show of Studebakers that required lots of volunteer work and effort to make that a success. There was no charge for the show; people came and viewed the cars and there were raffle items that were donated and people did buy tickets for the raffle items but were not required to do so. We did gain four members as a result. One person on the forum TJ Lavalle, mentioned that it was great and he almost thought about becoming a member of our local chapter. Our dues are $15.00 for the chapter. I don't know why he did not join but I do see he did contribute $10.00 to you.

If you apply your talents to your local SDC Chapter, I am sure membership would increase so we have a strong organization to continue for years to come. I don't think it is a CASO mentality you need to be concerned about. As a national SDC Officer, I would rather see things being done to help boost SDC first.

Bob Miles
                          Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator 2018-2020

Comment

Jake,
                            I think it was great. I taught High School for 30 years. Some of that was in video production. These kids can be great. I encourage more of this, these kids are our future. In more than just Studebakers. I recently was asked to start a Classic Car Restoration Program at Sunshine Acres Children's Home in Mesa AZ, look it up to see what they do. I will be working with the Middle and High Schoolers to restore cars. Nicely done Jake. I will watch your videos.
                            Jim
                            51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
                            53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
                            62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                              Jake,

If you apply your talents to your local SDC Chapter, I am sure membership would increase so we have a strong organization to continue for years to come. I don't think it is a CASO mentality you need to be concerned about. As a national SDC Officer, I would rather see things being done to help boost SDC first.

Bob Miles
                              Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator 2018-2020
                              From what I can gather, what you want me to do is to have a more SDC-centric focus in my videos. I can do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X