No announcement yet.

I need a favor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't go wrong with a Studebaker....always show people how the rear quarter panels unbolt. You can unbolt one at a car show for something to do. the emerald green is quite lovely but clashes so bad with the aqua interior...oh well, as long as you like it and you obviously do. cool, cool, coolClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1324.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	1721070Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1290.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1721071

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
      From what I can gather, what you want me to do is to have a more SDC-centric focus in my videos. I can do that.
      Thanks Jake but from what I understand from you site that you want to do a comprehensive look at all things automotive history. If you decide to delve back as far as when the 1908 Chadwick was made (first supercharged car), Cartercar which had friction drive (similar today to the CVT transmissions) Lozier, Crane-Simplex, Locomobile, Roamer, Graham Supercharged, Doble Steamer, as well as any number of cars, having SDC content would not be necessary. If you did a video on the Studebaker-Porsche connection in the 50's or the Studebaker Diesel project, or the front wheel drive proposal for Studebaker in the early 60's, stories like that could pique interest in Studebaker.

Just a recommendation: on your home page put in a line like "Want to know more about Studebaker?" After that line put in a link to the Studebaker Drivers Club Home Page. This would open another avenue to our club. This would free you from adding content to you video and still benefit you and your goal.

Bob Miles
      Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator 2018-2020
      Last edited by 6hk71400; 06-14-2018, 10:36 AM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Great video Jake! This is you first car? Man when I was 16 I thought I was cool driving a 77 Datsun 280z in the mid 1990s.. I couldnt imagine how giddy I would have felt owning that hawk at 16! I subscribed to your Youtube channel and I look forward to seeing more videos!

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
          Thanks Jake but from what I understand from you site that you want to do a comprehensive look at all things automotive history. If you decide to delve back as far as when the 1908 Chadwick was made (first supercharged car), Cartercar which had friction drive (similar today to the CVT transmissions) Lozier, Crane-Simplex, Locomobile, Roamer, Graham Supercharged, Doble Steamer, as well as any number of cars, having SDC content would not be necessary. If you did a video on the Studebaker-Porsche connection in the 50's or the Studebaker Diesel project, or the front wheel drive proposal for Studebaker in the early 60's, stories like that could pique interest in Studebaker.

Just a recommendation: on your home page put in a line like "Want to know more about Studebaker?" After that line put in a link to the Studebaker Drivers Club Home Page. This would open another avenue to our club. This would free you from adding content to you video and still benefit you and your goal.

Bob Miles
          Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator 2018-2020

Bob, it appears that you may think that Patreon is Jakes website. That is not the case. Patreon is an independent site that allows content creators (and others) to get funding for their projects. Thats all it is.
          Jake is not creating a site that competes with SDC. All he is doing is creating videos, and he's looking for funding to help create these videos.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding where you are coming from, but I dont see what the conflict of interest is here. If I am misunderstanding, please elaborate.

Comment

Jake, you are THE MAN! Keep up the great work and of course, Studebaker promotion.
            I agree with Bob, a link to the Studebaker Drivers Club Home Page would open up a whole new world of Studebakers for the uninitiated.
            Thanks for all your participation in our treasured marque.
            Cheers, Bil

Comment

Hey guys-

Just want to point out that Jake is asking for help fund more videos. On this page, you will see an orange button "become a patron".

Patreon is empowering a new generation of creators. Support and engage with artists and creators as they live out their passions!

You dont have to help him out to watch his videos; but if you like them, you can throw a bit if money his way. The lowest donation amount is $1 for us CASOs.

Comment

I did go back over all the threads and missed the one about Patreon. I now understand; Jake you did a great job on your presentation and I now realize it is not competition for the Studebaker Drivers Club. It will enhance and maybe improve your lot in life as requested and will also benefit SDC.

Keep going and I look forward to all your contributions in the future.

Bob Miles
                Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator 2018-2020.

Comment

Working...
                X