UPDATE - Stolen Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: UPDATE - Stolen Interior

I'm checking to see what's available for seats to fit a 56 Hawk. First need is a front seat bottom cushion and both front seat backs...the frame is still there. I'm looking for SOMETHING which has some sort of upholstery/padding so I can at least throw a sheet over it and sit on it. I need to be able to drive the car to get it to the Body Shop to have my repaired hood fitted to the car. Next I need the entire rear seat assembly and arm rest. The upholsterer absconded with the entire interior, two rolls of material, and my $1,800 deposit. I'm trying legal means to recover it all if we can FIND the upholsterer, but in the mean time I've got to have SOMEthing I can at least sit on...a milk crate is just too big.

Thanks to our County Sheriffs Department, I got my seats back, and, under penalty of Jail, the front seat was done and the back one will soon be....
    Last edited by 345 DeSoto; 06-22-2018, 05:46 AM.

I rigged up an old bucket seat in my wagonaire, while I waited to be screwed by my upholstery guy !

Comment

That's a bum deal! I wish you the best of luck finding the guy, and getting your property back. I've used a bare 4 1/2 wheel to sit on, moving my car around the property, but wouldn't advise that for a trip on the road. You should have something bolted down, with a back on it, for a possible panic stop.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Yeah, whatever you use, make sure it has a backrest. I rode for a very short time without a back to my seat, and pulled my back out. This was in my 30s, when I was working out a lot, so I was in pretty good shape. Its easy to hurt yourself....

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
          I'm checking to see what's available for seats to fit a 56 Hawk. First need is a front seat bottom cushion and both front seat backs...the frame is still there. I'm looking for SOMETHING which has some sort of upholstery/padding so I can at least throw a sheet over it and sit on it. I need to be able to drive the car to get it to the Body Shop to have my repaired hood fitted to the car. Next I need the entire rear seat assembly and arm rest. The upholsterer absconded with the entire interior, two rolls of material, and my $1,800 deposit. I'm trying legal means to recover it all if we can FIND the upholsterer, but in the mean time I've got to have SOMEthing I can at least sit on...a milk crate is just too big.
          If you can get up this way, I have a GT bucket you can borrow.

BTW, can you post the guy's name without being liable?
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Might have something -have arm rest for sure. Will look around and get back to you. Where are you?? Shipping woud be disasterous! Would be free. Sorry about your bad luck -was hoping I was the only one.

Comment

Sometimes you just gotta call Guido!

Comment

If you are in Fl, I have some seats from a GT I will not be using. Maybe they could work?

BTW, I am just South of Tampa. Yours for pickup if you want them.
                78 Avanti RQB 2792
                64 Avanti R1 R5408
                63 Avanti R1 R4551
                63 Avanti R1 R2281
                62 GT Hawk V15949
                56 GH 6032504
                56 GH 6032588
                55 Speedster 7160047
                55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Originally posted by creegster View Post
                  Yeah, whatever you use, make sure it has a backrest. I rode for a very short time without a back to my seat, and pulled my back out. This was in my 30s, when I was working out a lot, so I was in pretty good shape. Its easy to hurt yourself....
                  I lasted about 100,000 miles without backrest or windshield, on Harleys, but was in my 20s then. Back then, the cool factor was important, and creature comforts were for wimps. Heck, even electric start Harley were considered to be only for wimps. Nowadays, I would not drive a Stude, nor ride a motorcycle around the block without both a backrest and windshield. (And you could not give me a kick start Harley.) LOL

Comment

Oh you can give me a kick start Harley.....

- - - Updated - - -

I'll bet if Guido gets that dude in just the right place, he'll cough up those interior parts and some cash!

Comment

I have a usable front seat for your car. It's in Newark, Md.
                      ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Congratulations on your good luck with the Sherriff.
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                          Thanks to our County Sheriffs Department, I got my seats back, and, under penalty of Jail, the front seat was done and the back one will soon be....
                          That's great. Sometimes good things happen to good people.
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                            That's great. Sometimes good things happen to good people.

^^^^^ Great News, Glad you followed up. Bob

Comment

That's good, hope he does a good job and not just a "quickie".

Comment

Working...
                              X