Thread: Wiring harness

Speedster Member

Wiring harness

I am in needof a new wiring harness for my 1954 Starliner. I will probably keep it a six volt but might consider converting to 12. I am looking for possible wiring manufacturing vendors. Could anyone offer some help based on their experience please? Thanks in advance, Stude Rookie.

President Member
    I have one for a 53 Starliner Made by Rhode island wiring , Never used with all options 350.00 That's less than 1/2 price , I don't know if there are any difference between 53 or 54 Maybe someone can let us know , Thanks , Ed

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    The deal in Post #2 can't be beat.

However, if you are thinking of converting to 12 volts, it would be a good idea to decide NOW and have a custom-made harness built by SDC's own Lark Works: www.larkworks.com

Personally, it is probably best to leave it 6-volt, positive ground unless you have some really good reason to do otherwise, like wanting to add modern electronics and air conditioning, or an engine swap. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jts359 View Post
    I have one for a 53 Starliner Made by Rhode island wiring , Never used with all options 350.00 That's less than 1/2 price , I don't know if there are any difference between 53 or 54 Maybe someone can let us know , Thanks , Ed
    I would definitely be interested in your harness. Could you tell me about your harness and about the manufacturer? I am not Familiar with them. I called Lark Works today and did not receive a return call to my message. They are somewhat close to me in Kansas. I live in Missouri.

Rhode Island Wire Service manufactures the very best reproductions of the original lacquered braided wire harnesses in all correct color codes and installation diagrams. You may find some equal, but none better.

http://www.riwire.com/

Yep, I'd grab the #2 deal and keep it 6 volts. I consider my 1950 6 volt Studebakers the most reliable cars I've ever owned.
    I'd trust them on a cross country drive more than my modern car.

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockne10 View Post
    Rhode Island Wire Service manufactures the very best reproductions of the original lacquered braided wire harnesses in all correct color codes and installation diagrams. You may find some equal, but none better.

http://www.riwire.com/
    Thank you Rockne 10. That is the information that I needed. Now all I need to know, I can get from jts359.

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TWChamp View Post
    Yep, I'd grab the #2 deal and keep it 6 volts. I consider my 1950 6 volt Studebakers the most reliable cars I've ever owned.
    I'd trust them on a cross country drive more than my modern car.
    Good advice TWChamp.

Speedster Member
    I have sent a private message to jts359 so hopefully we can do some business. Thank you guys for your input. You are the best.