54 Starlight Trim Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 54 Starlight Trim Code

Just got the production order for my custom 54. It lists a trim code of 8016. Does this designate the Deluxe/Regal package?
    It also list the car as 5H C3 Future. What does "Future" designate?
    Studebro2
    54 Starlight
    Lynnwood, WA

Originally posted by studebro2 View Post
    Just got the production order for my custom 54. It lists a trim code of 8016. Does this designate the Deluxe/Regal package?
    It also list the car as 5H C3 Future. What does "Future" designate?
    5H is a 1954 Commander. C3 is a Deluxe Starlight coupe. Future is the telegraph code for your style/model of vehicle. 8016 is the interior.

EDIT: Where else would you get the answer in five minutes from across the country?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

No Where But Here!
      TX
      Studebro2
      54 Starlight
      Lynnwood, WA

Comment

When observing the definition of 'deluxe'...

Deluxe | Define Deluxe at Dictionary.com
        The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Deluxe definition, of special elegance, sumptuousness, or fineness; high or highest in quality, luxury, etc.: a deluxe hotel; a deluxe edition of Shakespeare bound

... Studebaker's naming of these cars is something that I always found confusing, as the word 'deluxe' makes one think that trim level is one step above 'standard'. In this case, C3 even though called 'Deluxe' trim was acutally standard trim with the fancy-pants chrome exterior trim C5 called 'Regal' cheers, Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
        X